Response questions

So the response on my Anglam has become quite slippy and it seems time for some new pads. (Yes even after 91 trades this is my first time replacing pads)

1 how do I remove the current pads without damaging the inner half of the yoyo?
2 will regular YYF pads work? I have green yellow blue red etc… Which color should I use?

Thanks a bunch.

1. Pick the old pads out with a pair of tweezers and use a cue tip with some mineral turpentine (or some other rubbing alcohol) to clean out any gluey residue left in the response area.

2. Yup, regular YYF pads will work just fine. They’ll all work fine so it’s really up to you. I’ve got my Anglam on YYF sized IrPads (regular thickness, medium hardness).

Yuki

1 Like

Can I just use water or soapy water on the cue tip?

Yeah, soapy water would work too. I just find that alcohol does a better job of breaking down the glue. The way I usually do it is to scrub the response area with alcohol-soaked cue tip to break down the glue and then I run a clean cue tip through to actually remove all the gunk.

Whatever method/cleaning agent you use, just make sure you dry everything thoroughly before applying the new pads. Cue tips work pretty well for the drying process too.

Yuki

1 Like