Resin 3d printed yos?

Hey guys, I’m glad I stumbled onto this forum, I’ve been working on a resin printed yoyo for a few months now and have been coming up with ways to help battle the issues that resin printed yoyos run into, I have a Reddit post with my own design, its been through about 7 iterations now with the newest one on the printer as we speak. I have to do a lot of cleanup on the supports currently but I’ve found that print orientation is very important to ensure they don’t warp or have poor surfaces for the bearings and friction pads.

8 Likes

Oh dude thats sick, i dont know how much this would change your design, but if you dont mind having thick and flat rims, then you can just print off of that face. My resin yo was printed with zero supports.

Also, heres a better looking version of the yo that I made yesterday, ill probably do an actual photoshoot of it later today.

7 Likes

Also, do you mind if i could see what the bearing seat looks like?

Heres some better photos of the green thang i showed earlier

12 Likes

That looks beutiful man! may have to look into doing a design like yours to press a flat print orientation, ill upload some pictures of mine here soon, have a new version on the printer rn

1 Like

Does anybody know the density of the resin once it is cured?

@zslane any insights?

1 Like

Usually the resin density varies between brands, if you’re looking into resins they usually list both their solid and liquid densities

1 Like

I use Elegoo water washable resin which has a solid density rating of 1.195 g/cm3.

Thanks @yoyo.dealer, I think @zslane provided the info I was looking for because I have the same resin he mentions.

Thanks @zslane this is the info I was looking for.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I found this information on the product’s box.

I entered the density of 1.195 g.cm3 and the calculation showed 22.946. I printed out that piece and got a weight of 23.527. That said, the density I got was 1.225 which is 2.5% variation. Pretty close.

1 Like

I’d be curious to know what the reading is a week or two from now.

4 Likes

Hmm :thinking: I will definitely let you know.

Oh dang, I think I forgot to post it here lol, I made a more performance based version of the geo, I call it the geo type R. Also have some other stuff in the works including a heavier version of the type R and another resin yo that’s "huge"ly different in both design and color, more on that once I finish printing it again. Also might try and see polishing one of these yoyos would work. Regardless, photos for all of these should be out by this week.

Oh hey, thats the same stuff I’m using, im guessing you’re also printing with a mars-mars 2?

1 Like

Yeah, I have a Mars Pro.

Alright. Here’s the new yoyos I made. All of them were printed without supports, and all of them were made using an elegoo mars 2 pro. By color, the pink is the orga, the green is the geo type R weight tweaked version, and the red is the dumpling.

6 Likes

Cont.

7 Likes

How wide are they? Are any of them < 45mm wide?