Release dates

I frequently watch other sites, particularly in Japan. It seems like a competitive disadvantage to consistently see yo-yo’s released at earlier dates and times on sites in Japan; in relation to when they are released on YYE. Sometimes the lag is a day; sometimes a week and many times, the model is never sold on YYE.

The problem for me is:

1. Do I wait to see if YYE will release the same model?
  2. What if the color I want is available now on an overseas site; but YYE has not released theirs yet? Do I wait and see if I can get the same one from YYE? Or, just get the one I want now?

I want to buy as much from YYE as possible. It seems, however, that the manufacturers (even YYF releases overseas first) have stacked the deck against YYE.

Why can’t manufacturers arrange for a simultaneous release on the same day? Just asking…

8 Likes

Shipping is a real hassle these days. The companies notifies YYE and they ship, but you never know if the shipping will arrive on time. It’s not ideal to wait for YYE or any foreign distributors to get ready and begin a release count down. Best way to know is probably ask YYE directly or the company.

(P.S. there will be a mowl surveillance drop on YYE with a new colourway soon, but they don’t have a date of release yet)

6 Likes

One of the problems comes back to Japan specifically. Most of the companies that are having this issue - are Japanese companies or Asian companies specifically and it did start with the onset of COVID because shipping to the US became so difficult for some time.

To further complicate things Japan has been going through quite a yoyo ‘boom’ so to say with HUGE interest to a level they haven’t seen in quite some time - so the demand is extremely high. So in many ways they are focused on presenting to the Japanese market first and American market secondary (not too long ago in many cases it was opposite!)

We have had conversations with many of the companies I think you are referring to about this and I’m sure over time it will continue to improve. :blush:

I do appreciate you bringing it up to know its important too as it helps me better explain why we need to coordinate better when possible! :heart:

20 Likes

I think the addition of a “Coming Soon” page to the website could, somewhat, help mitigate this issue. If people know what to expect, or have an approximate idea of when/ if a certain item will arrive, they might be less inclined to purchase a yo-yo from a different website.

6 Likes

I saw this and got all excited, but when @AndreBoulay @YoYoExpertGarrett ?

5 Likes

This is a good one I really like mine.

2 Likes

How does this play in your opinion?

That’s more of the communication issue André mentioned above. We got in a bunch of Mowl stock, but could not release it all at once and are still trying to work out release dates.

I was expecting last week when we releases the surveil (and not the surveillance :expressionless:), or even this week, but could be a little longer unfortunately…

And to @YoyoGeezer or anyone else wondering which specific yo-yos/colors we will receive - Always feel free to send me a message or make a post here on the forums and I can let you know, even if I don’t have a release date yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

In YYE defense, as someone who is also a collector of figures and other memorabilia, sometimes regardless of if stores have stock or something sitting in the warehouse they could simply just be the last to get an update from a major company about when it’s okay to actually sell an item, this tends to cause a little of variation in when stores in different countries have things up for sale, this is a issue that’s far from Yoyo specific and is even seen in the overseas media and merchandizing markets where they simply just get stuff before we do in the states.

But as the resident YYE management has mentioned, They’ve never been less then great help when trying to find out if they will stock or even save something for you :slight_smile:

It plays with more power than float . it is a bit on the heavy side which I like . Speed is okay but I would say stability for its shape is its best feature. The diameter and width are nice for maneuvering through small spaces .

I would say if you prefer power over floaty YoYos this would probably be your jam , but if you prioritize a floaty nimble organic feel this may not be the one for you.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds interesting! Thanks bro

1 Like

I was thinking about this same thing the other day. If I know the yoyo is eventually slated to come to yye I will wait, but sometimes I don’t find anything until I see the yoyo for sale on yye.

I know that I occasionally find yoyo listing on yye that say coming soon, but I’ve never noticed an easy way to find those pages. Would be nice if I could filter for those at least or if there was a brief list of brands and or models that have upcoming releases on yye. For all I know this task is monumental, so I’ve not worried about it too much.

3 Likes