Regarding bearings. (May stir things up)

If you can’t explain it, why are you “sharing” your “personal experience” which is, for all intents and purposes, a pompous exposition of what you don’t like about the yoyo world. Gee, can’t wait for your next unexplainable diatribe of your philosophical bent. ::slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, this turned bad… please don’t start useless arguments in a thread about bearings. I mean come on, here. That wasn’t very nice of you. It would be a shame for this thread to turn sour, ya’know?

Bearings = cheating.

Also,

http://images.topix.com/gallery/up-FJS6TN01NF6PRD1O.jpg

Now why would someone want a trophy of an upside-down horse? That just doesn’t make any sense. :wink:

I believe its the award that went to the first man in history to glue his horse to the ceiling.

1 Like

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/rigo311/DeadHorseAward_zpsa4338fcc.png

I’m just lookin’ for an excuse to fill the rest of this out.

Sorry, John. But in case you hadn’t noticed, this isn’t a thread about bearings. If it was, we’d be discussing bearings. It’s a thread about Josh’s need to be in the spotlight, exposing us all to his “wisdom”, and, as always, telling us what we need or should want. I’m opposed to anyone who feels compelled to do this as Josh does way too frequently. Sorry again if you think I’m upset or being mean. I’m just telling it like it is. Josh on the other hand is telling it like HE sees it, and using the boards as his personal pulpit. I personally find it annoying and self-serving. I got tired of it today and said something. Diplomacy is a difficult wire to tightrope walk.

I personally think he should stick to yoyoing and save the philosophy for somewhere else.

JRod, you can give me the award :wink:

4 Likes

I am entertained by the fact that you seem to think that I use the forum as some sort of “pulpit” as you say.
I also find it hilarious that you think that I need to be in the spotlight.

I post what I post, because I feel that I have something to say. I have been in the yoyo scene for longer than most on the forum, and because of this, I have learned a lot, from legends in the yoyo world of today and long past, I have picked things up, and through guidance and teaching, I have learned quite a bit, and as I see the next generation rising up to take the reigns, I feel it is important that I can help guide, using the same wisdom that was given to me by those of the past, that I too can pass it on.
I don’t “need to be in a spotlight” now do I try to “preach”.
Sometimes, people need someone to tell it like it is, and those that know me know that I am a person who does this often. I don’t beat around the bush, I am not afraid to say what’s on my mind. I know the knowledge that I have gained is valuable, and I choose to pass that on to others. And being that YYE is the prime spot of the next generation, and it being a public forum, where anyone can have a say, you bet, I will be saying what I feel needs to be said.

For myself? No, but for those of the future, those that have yet to unleash the spirit within. The young dove yet to take flight, and the newborn wolf pup ready to leave the den.

That is my goal, and that is why I do what I do.

Bark!

Haru

You should just change your Forum Expert (not that you aren’t a forum expert) to “15 Years Experience” or throw it in your signature area so everybody knows.

4 Likes

Thanks for making my point for me.
If you can’t see the hypocrisy in what you just wrote, then you are more far gone than I even gave you credit.

2 Likes

Apparently I fail to see what you see to be true then.
I will continue doing what I can for the betterment of the future generations, regardless of what some may want to say or believe. And I hope you can respect that. I’ve said all I need to say in this thread it seems, and I hope that through all of the nonsensical banter of replies that may have arisen, that some may truly get something out of my original post.

Until next time.

Bark!

Haru

I’m sorry. I missed the last couple sentences of your post. I was banging my head against my desk.

2 Likes

Next generation? Your profile says you’re 20… I think the next generation is still busy getting their nappies changed.

2 Likes

Doesn’t jive with my experience at all. And I really have no vested interest in paying a lot of money for extra bearings. It’s not something I would convince myself of willingly.

I’ve never really noticed this apparently oh-so-common precession either. Maybe it’s because I don’t just sit there and watch my yoyo sleep until its spin dies out?

Me neither. I got better things to do with my time. I could bind it back and throw it out again. I could try to squeeze in another trick(which may spin out, but sure beats waiting around for it to happen).

I think the obsession with sleep time is a bit silly. If you can get through your combo, you’re good. If your bearing is in good operating condition, this shouldn’t be a problem. About all I can get from doing a breakaway or forward throw and watching until the yoyo spins out is really just testing the strength of the throw, combined with the condition of the bearing. New users should note their times may be gradually increasing. More experienced players I don’t think will care.

Bearings are cool.

LOL, what, he’s been yoyoing since 5 years of age??

back to bearings and precession:
This happens A LOT when you’re trying out horizontal combos in 5a while rocking a flat bearing…
I’m not saying shaped bearings are BETTER, I’m just saying its not fair to call them a JOKE.

Here’s an old video of mine. ALL tricks are done using concaves, as they were FREAKIN’ IMPOSSIBLE on good 'ol flat bearings… I see some flat bearing fanboys here, might as well call me a shaped bearing fanboy LOL

Yoyos are cooler

Huh. Just yesterday I was mentioning that there was finally a thread about bearings where people weren’t being completely moronic. Whelp.

2 Likes