RADICAL SEAS: Set Sails dropping 2/13/15 here at YYE, don't sleep on this!

Used one of these at worlds.

Too legit! Incredible that it only needed one prototype to finalize. GREAT job!

Too big…Too heavy… ;D

Too perfect. Put my al7 triton in misery. And those of you that know me or own one should know I take my tritons seriously…don’t let any shape or specs get in your way, branch out!

Thanks! The Japanese players all seem to lean towards light competition based models. So in their eyes 70g was a bit to heavy for them.

On the same note, after watching kengo kido do amazing things with this I begged to differ :slight_smile:

Incoming

What program did you use for that? It looks really nice!

That looks really, really nice. I thought it was really cool how the suction cups were made on the tentacles. If you don’t mind me asking though, what’s the song in the video? It sounds really cool. ;D

Illustrator CS6

The Antlers - Crest

Future Islands - Long Flight

These are sooooo good.

I had a suspicion it might be The Antlers. I’ve heard a few songs by them, and it had their sound. Just hadn’t heard this song. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Testers!! Chris Rhoads will be the first to receive. then the list goes as follows. you have 1 week to play with it, then, its time to share. ;D let me know when youre ready to ship and I will provide addresses.

2.PatCondon
3.yoyofactoryfan
4.Haruray
5.ColeJ
6.asnnboyaz
7.Alex fairhurst…

in the package is:

40$ cash (use to ship to next tester, and so on and so on) HONOR SYSTEM
10 kitty fat strings
10 yoyo string lab strings (stock)
1 pair of extra K-pad response (stock)
stickers galore. roughly 1 set sail sticker per tester and some others :slight_smile:
1 Buddha ripple 10 ball V groove bearing (stock)
stock axle
The Set Sail itself!

Post Reviews in the review section if you’d like to write one!
Thanks guys!

1 Like

Thats pretty cool!!

Sounds awesome!
Ooo…am I supposed to send my shipping info to you or the person before me…
wasn’t sure
lulz

Either one! Doesn’t matter! As long as its communicated and you receive the product in a nice fashion!
;D

I actually threw the Yoyo cause Thomas Keane has one Im super surprised to see that it says 69g weight for the Yoyo because when I threw it it felt super light and floaty it’s kinda hard for me to believe its 69g lol

1 Like

I’ve seen enough henti to know where this is going.

Thomas keane is the man.

Always good to see some love. We’re as tickled as you are. Some clarifications, though: Set Sail isn’t finalized for production. We’re evaluating our feedback, looking at potential design tweaks in preparation a second proto run.
Also, the yoyos we had at Worlds aren’t technically the first protos. The first yoyo to come off the machine ended up being over eighty grams! Our machinist immediately said “what the heck” and went and made things right. She came to us at the same time as the corrected protos. We call her names. Mean ones. Like Gojira and Big Bertha. :smiley:
By the way, I’m Jamie. Hi. You might have met me at worlds, I had the beard.

Of course! It was great chatting with you :slight_smile:

Is this thing still alive?

After tester feedback, we realized the yo-yos we made were terrible and just called it quits.
Just kidding. First official Set Sail promo footage is being shot this Tuesday. And not too long after that gets edited and shown off here, we’ll be able to start sharing details about… I’ve said too much. Hang tight, mateys.