Quiet Plastic Throw?

The only plastics that I have (PSG and a YYF Shaqlerstar) play well but they are both LOUD!

Generally I throw when walking the halls at my office job or after I have the kids in bed, so a loud yo you doesn’t work so well for me.

I pretty much only throw my dv888 because it is very quiet with a 10 ball bearing and my plastic throws draw too much attention to me at work and keep my kids awake at night.

I would like to be able to throw a greater varity of styles but I am concerned that maybe all plastics are loud since changing the bearing in my PSG and Shaqlerstar didn’t seem to make a noticable difference.

So, are there any plastic throws that are relatively quiet? Do I just happen to have 2 very noisy throws? Are all plastics doomed for me?

Thanks

All the Henrys yoyos I have tried have been super quiet if not silent. Especially the Lizard and the Tiger Snake. Although these are mainly responsive yoyos, you can twist them to make them pretty unresponsive.

Most plastics are loud. The plastic resonates and amplifies the sound do its rather normal. Some are quieter that others. The protostar and trigger are some of the loudest I have. The northstar is also up there. Even my DM2 is starting to bug me a bit bit it’s not all that bad.

Get yourself a reasonably priced metal. Oh wait, you did, the dv888. Really that’s the best solution as metals often tend to stay very quiet. Some are almost silent depending on the yoyo, bearing and bearing treatment.

The classic is on the quieter side of thing but still noisy.

Most plastics are loud. The plastic resonates and amplifies the sound do its rather normal. Some are quieter that others. The protostar and trigger are some of the loudest I have. The northstar is also up there. Even my DM2 is starting to bug me a bit bit it’s not all that bad.

Get yourself a reasonably priced metal. Oh wait, you did, the dv888. Really that’s the best solution as metals often tend to stay very quiet. Some are almost silent depending on the yoyo, bearing and bearing treatment.

The classic is on the quieter side of thing but still noisy.

Plastics can be loud I admit that but if you do a good decent job of cleaning and lubing you can have a bearing that makes the plastic throw 10x softer. Also a plastic is mostly loud due to it’s bearing due how fast it spins.

Chaser with a lubed bearing is pretty quiet. Not the quietest yoyo I own, but still in the same league as some of my metals.

My phenomizm is almost silent

Most plastics with weight rings are loud. I’ve found delrins to be much quieter.

any delrin yoyo should be quiet, if you want one get a yyf severe,get something the v or c3 halo.
3yo3 makes very good plastic yoyos

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I was curious about delrin, may have to pick up a Severe or Halo soon but my wife just gave me the ok to order a Summit :), so my next plastic will probably have to wait

Get a classic. Mines nice and silent and plays great

I’ve found Delrins/Celcons/Acetals to be pretty quiet.

True, the Classic is rather quiet.