Quick questions

I understand what you’re saying, as you have the skill to actually contend for a high placing, but imagine how long it would take if any old Joe could compete. Plus, if anyone feels as if they’ve been snubbed, or there’s a regional contest packed with lots talent, there’s the petition system in place to give those people a chance.

Texas Is not part of any region at the moment.

They must not have heard that Texas is a state. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know right. Oh and BTW does regionals count as in like many states comp, or a small area in your state?

I live in Utah, so what would I need to do if I wanted to compete at Nationals?

This webpage will answer most of the questions in this thread.

http://contest.nationalyoyo.org/freestyle-judging/freestyle-qualification/

1 Like

But as you see the South Central yoyo contest is debunked. Is there a way to petition for another contest in the area?[texas]

just the feel of the yoyos are different if you try using an imperial for a while then a butterfly shape it feels slightly difference in shape an preforms differently main reason they have the same yoyos.

Not really. Contests are put on by local organizers. The local organizers need to apply for sanctioning as a regional contest. It’s all local. No one else is involved.

The South Central Regional has been held in Denver, CO the last couple of years. I believe it will be there again for 2014.

1 Like

I’d say 1 extra YoYo would be good, but that’s me. I used 5 Theory’s the first time I competed, only switched out once. anyway, no they don’t all have to be the same, but it would be better for you IMO, get the same “feel”. I would recommend using the same string though.

You either have to petition or get a seed to nationals. You have to be from the states though.

This is not true. South central regionals took place in Colorado in years 2011, 2012, and 2013.
It just takes a bit of traveling. I competed in 2012 in 5a. I placed 1st. Since Im not a resident of that region,
I got a seed to prelims at Nationals from that region. The highest place player from that region got the finals seed.
That would have been Patrick Canny.
But SCR is not DEBUNKED it takes place in Colorado and is run by Jon Gates of YYJ.