Pocket Yos

I like undersized yo-yos, and have several. The last one I bought was a YYF G.5. I like it, but it’s a bit on the light side. I have a modified ProYo Ace II that I really like. The good and bad about it, is that it’s harder to land on the string!

I was looking at newer ones, and saw several from YYF. It looks like only the Boss is available now. Can I expect the others to become available again?

What are some of your favorite small yo-yos?

Does anybody know offhand what bearing size is in the G.5?

Thanks!

The bearing in a G.5 is an A sized bearing. 5x10x4 mm.

They are no longer produced but the general yo ministar and ILYY St. Eel are two very small but very playable yoyos. The Boss is a great yoyo as well.

1 Like

My favourite small <50mm has to be the menehune by Buzzon.  Heres mine for reference: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138005379@N07/albums/72157664601920791

I also found it a bit light so I have a set of small o-rings behind the pogs, this also helps hold the caps in.

1 Like

Great thread topic! I love undersized/pocket throws as well. It’s too bad they seem to have fallen out of favor in recent times. My favorites are the original YYF 888, the DV888, and the OD Project and M1. I would guess the YYF Mighty Flea is probably the most portable pocket sized yoyo ever, I’ve never played one though. I’ve always wanted a General Yo Mini Star, but they are hard to find. The YYR Sputnik looks very fun as well.

1 Like

There aren’t too many undersized yo-yos that have come out recently, but the new YYF Boss is an excellent choice. Check out the G-Squared Hawk and YOYOFFICER Imp as well.

Some of my favorite undersized yo-yos - One Drop Dingo, ILYY St. Eel, YYF G-Funk, and RecRev Neaue.

1 Like

Still can’t ever find an 07 888 for a good price that’s in decent conition :(… And usually when one pops up, I don’t have the $$$

1 Like

my favorite undersized throw would be the popstar hands down

1 Like

My favorite is the STYY Singularity. From what I understand, I’m kind of in the minority with that pick.

Has anyone mentioned the Campfire? I’ve never played one, but I’ve heard they’re pretty nice.

1 Like

YoyoFactory posted late last year that they would be bringing undersized back in 2016, so it was nice to see that Boss drop, with such a nice price tag too. I get the feeling they might be working on something else undersized too.

The best undersized I every played was a Ricochet. Second best, in my opinion, would be the YoyoFactory Yuuksta (no longer in production). Third, maybe a Werrd Minute.

I really want one of those G.5s. I hope I can find one. :-\

I haven’t added many yo-yos to my micro yo-yo collection, but maybe I’ll take an updated photo and post it later.

You might want to look into:

Ricochet (my favorite)
Yuuksta (If you can find one, you’ll be really lucky)
Boss (I haven’t tried the new version yet, but the old one is great)
Popstar (very inexpensive and a real pocket throw)
G Funk
Nova
Minute (I read for awhile how good it was, got one, and it lived up to the hype)
Dingo
Token
Hatrick
Cafe Racer
Sovereign
Spyder II
Tarasqus

A lot of those are out of production, so it makes sense that YYF will be making strides with undersized this year. There was definitely a void.

1 Like

It would be nice to see some more undersized <50mm throws this year, just as long as we can see some with smaller bearings. While the majority of all throws made these days sport C bearings, I would prefer to see some with A or D bearings. Having a super small throw with a huge bearing makes the throw look, feel and play almost out of proportion. It’s like having a C-spr set in my ~46.5mm Menehune… It doesn’t feel right and gives out poor spin times.

1 Like

Having started throwing in 2007, I love me some undersized…

Favorite undersized: Hatrick, Dietz

Favorite pocket: M1

From what’s currently available, I’m most interested in the Lilliputian.
Also still want a Supra, which is actually still available new if you shop around… :slight_smile:

If you want modern play, go with the Hatrick. If you’re looking for a time passer, find yourself a Cold Fusion.

1 Like

Honestly, I think the term pocket throws should be exclusive to thinner yoyos. I personally do not consider the 888 or Project as pocket throws, as they are still fairly wide in width, still creating that bulge in your pocket. My favorite pocket sized throws are the M1, Yelets, Dingo, and Dif-E-Yo Sportster.

1 Like

My favorite small yoyo is the PopStar, followed closely by the G-Funk.

1 Like

^ Two of my favourite pocket throws right there. I’m going to give the win to the St.Eel because of the slightly higher performance. :slight_smile:

Whilst it isn’t exactly a “pocket” throw to the same extent that those above are, my favourite “pocket friendly” throw (and one of my favourite in general) is easily the Onedrop Yelets. For me it has the perfect blend of convenience, performance and feel to make for an all round great daily pocket throw. Would recommend it to anyone personally. :smiley: #teamyelets

I owe that one to Totalartist actually, would probably never have tried one otherwise. Highly underrated little yoyo.

1 Like

My favorite is the g funk though I don’t think you can buy that one anymore. I own a popstar and a token but the g funk is still my fav.

1 Like

My two favorites so far have been the Recrev Neuae and Onedrop Dingo

1 Like

AntiYo Business, Dingo, Campfire, ProYo AceII. These are my personal favorites

1 Like

Oh, I forgot about Neuae. That’s a good one.

1 Like

Mighty flea or big deal (a mighty flea with hub stacks are my fav micro) favorite undersized is Yyf ricochet

1 Like