PNWR X: February 21-22, 2014 - Farewell to Seattle

There is likely going to be a WA State contest starting in 2015 in Seattle.

Is it to early to know what companies are going to be there?

Lot of close by sponsors like the company run by JD, OneDrop will be there but I donā€™t think they will be selling, Turtle prints, Eternal Throw, YYJ, KingYoStar, I canā€™t think of any more off the top of my head.

Yes

1 Like

Sorry, I work just down the street from them. Voodoo donuts suck!

They are only for tourists and Portland wannabes. Dunkin has better donuts than Voodoo.

1 Like

hell ya, I got married at voodoo donuts!

Excited for the the contest. This will be my first yoyo function.

The donuts arenā€™t that great. When it comes to getting married, way cooler than justice of the peace.

One month to go!!!

http://northwestyoyo.com/registration/

Are spectators welcome? I am rediscovering yoyo and trying to learn the tricks but I am not ready to compete. That being said I would like to check this event out since it is local and check out some new throws and meet other local players.

I couldnā€™t find anything on the website about that. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Absolutely! It takes place right in a public center so there are always loads of spectators around!

Absolutely.

There are generally way more spectators than competitors. You can meet lots of great players and learn lots about new tricks and yo-yoā€™s. There are also retailers that will have the latest and greatest that you can try and buy.

I had a great time at my first PNWR. I sat down to watch the competition and struck up a conversation with a nice guy sitting next to me. I was shocked when Zach Gormley came straight off the stage to sit down next to what I then realized was his father. I think Zach was also surprised that I, a 40+ year old asked him to sign my Zach Gormley Sasquatch.

Go, if you can. And bring a few bucks to buy string at least. :slight_smile:

Good to know. ;D

I didnā€™t want to be the creepy 27 year old guy at the yoyo contest. I will see if I can drag my wife along and get her to loosen up her purse strings lol.

Any registration?

Read back 5 posts.

When you finish registration it still says ā€œThank You! You are now registered to compete at the 2013 Pacific Northwest Regionals!ā€

Just making sure my registration is a-okay or if you guys wanted to fix that.

Iā€™m excited to be going this year, and coming from Eugene, next year for sure.

If anyone wants to wants to share a room, contact me and we can arrange something.

Does anyone know what companies will have booths at the contest.

Radical seas will have a booth :wink:

Visit us! You can hang out and try some incredible throws!

Were also accepting bitcoin payment!

Is there a Facebook page to see who all is going? Iā€™m excited to see you all!