PNWR 2023 info!

Anyone know anything about PNWR 2023? Driving myself crazy thinking about how awesome it’s going to be if it happens. But i can’t find any info at all about it.

4 Likes

Yeah same haven’t heard anything and I was thinking about going if it happens

As of right now the community created events program that has funded the event at Seattle Center is not budgeted for next year (by the city of Seattle). We are hoping to hear that the city council funds the program or we will have to look for alternate venues.

5 Likes

Dang, i hope it works out, that’s such a good place for a contest. I’m down to go to a shack in someone’s backyard to hang with throwers again though.

7 Likes

I would love for this to work out as well! I’ve been talking with a local skateshop about a fingerboard comp after having gone to northwest fingers 2 in Renton and have been itching to hang with some other hobbyists!

Does the city need any type of proposal? Maybe something that shows enough people are interested? i don’t know how big the scene is her in the NW but I would forsure help anyway i can!

2 Likes

That does not sound encouraging. Does that mean there will be no PNWR this year?

No, though the thought is appreciated. Seattle Center has always liked hosting the event which was held there for 15 years before going on pandemic related hiatus the last two years. The issue now is just a straight city budget. The contest as well as many other events were part of a program called “Community Created Events” where the use of the Armory/Center House was subsidized by the city for community run events that were free and interesting to the general public. That is the program right now that has lost funding from the city.

No and nothing in my two sentence statement indicated that. If the economics don’t work out to run the event at Seattle Center, we will have to find an alternate venue.

8 Likes

This is good news. Thank you for making this happen!

2 Likes

Is there anything that can be done or you need help with?

1 Like

At least the front page has been updated…

6 Likes

Yessss!!! See you dudes there!! April 22

2 Likes

Man, I was planning to attend this contest, but they set the date to a major muslim holiday so I cant make it :frowning:

1 Like