Pay it forward silenus

Last backyard session before there are too many fires to be outside.

6 Likes

crazy this thing is still going ggs yall

3 Likes

coming up on 3 years!
Congrats and cheers to everyone that has been involved.
My favorite part is that this has been almost 100% self regulated. I specifically laid it out with that in mind. No list, just spontaneous free yoyo for a month.
This truly shows what kind of a community we have. I am a member of other niche communities, and this would never work out in any of them
I would like to say thank you to you all.
Keep it going!!!

11 Likes

Honestly all good things come to an end. This one probably will end at some point and go back to you but itā€™s spun off many others which have been great.

2 Likes

How many people has this visited so far? After trying my first Pay it Forward with the Pano + Fat Tire. I just may jump on this one too. Really just for the sake of keeping it going. :smiley:

3 Likes

Itā€™s so traumatic the effect these fires have had. And for such a long time. Hopefully no one will become complacent and stop being cautious breathing that air. We live in Virginia and my wife works on the DelMarVa peninsula. Code orange on the air quality scale is the worst weā€™ve had and yellow is more prominent. My wife has COPD and has already sustained irreversible damage to her lungs and heart from working out in it. Remember that everything that grows in the woods is burning, and the chemical compounds that are in those things are also in that smoke. Think, poison ivy, plastic, rubber, other poisonous plants and whatever is left behind in the homes and buildings that are burning. I donā€™t know that itā€™s ever been this bad and it seems like itā€™ll never stop. Please take your health seriously friends. Once itā€™s compromised you can never get it back.

3 Likes

There was a log when I had it. I was the 30th person or something like that. Itā€™s moved around a bit since.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Normally you can see across the whole city. It rained yesterday and is a lot better now.

3 Likes

Is the original log not in it anymore? I had it like two years ago, I think.

Edit: Yep, just looked back and it was in July 2021

Yeah I posted the log for posterity when I had it

1 Like

There are so many extras now holy crap :rofl:

1 Like

Didnā€™t even have to pad the yoyo so much string. Itā€™s kind of wild how much folks have added.

1 Like

Well itā€™s been fun but I am ready for the Silenus to continue its journey. That being said:

Rules:
I will send the Silenus on to the next person to post, ā€Iā€™ll take it,ā€ here, in this this thread. DMā€™s donā€™t count, it needs to be in thread to keep everything fair (Continguous 48 states only, please). You will get this great throw to use and enjoy, completely free, for 30 DAYS (give or take a few).

HOWEVER! By accepting this throw, you also accept the responsibility of creating a similar post at the end of your 30 day period, as well as paying the shipping fees in sending it on to the next person.

A POX UPON THE ONE WHO BREAKS THE CHAIN

Iā€™ll take it!! :smiley:

3 Likes

It has been decided @Slestak75 will continue the chain.

2 Likes

BAM!!!

8 Likes

So far I like this throw a lot. I donā€™t have much experience with unresponsives and thatā€™s why I really like these Pay it Forward opportunities. Thanks to @dizzo for this awesome act of kindness. And serious commendation to the community for providing an environment where this sort of thing can happen and continue based solely on each individualā€™s integrity. My highest quality unresponsive is the Top Deck. Below that I have a Chinacuda. I really like both of those. I got to try a Fat Tire and Panorama thanks to another Pay it Forward and now this Silenus. I would rate the quality of this right along side the Top Deck and Barracuda. Very smooth if you do your part, nice power, and the binds donā€™t slip. Itā€™s amazing how different each one of these can feel and sometimes itā€™s only slight and hard to describe. Just different. And who knows what it is that causes preferences to lean the direction that they do. With that said there is absolutely nothing to dislike about this throw. I very much appreciate the opportunity to get to know it. :grin:

5 Likes

Obligatory ā€œitā€™s a Silenus on the BSTā€ post.

And itā€™s only $20 shipped! In a fire colorway!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve enjoyed my time with this very fine throw. Given that one can be had on the BST right now for $20. Thatā€™s a lot of nice yo-yo for the money. Thanks for letting me try this out. I sure hope someone will step in and keep this journey alive. Itā€™s time time to send Silenus along to the next person.

Rules:
I will send the Silenus on to the next person to post, ā€Iā€™ll take it,ā€ here, in this this thread. DMā€™s donā€™t count, it needs to be in thread to keep everything fair (Continguous 48 states only, please). You will get this great throw to use and enjoy, completely free, for 30 DAYS (give or take a few).

HOWEVER! By accepting this throw, you also accept the responsibility of creating a similar post at the end of your 30 day period, as well as paying the shipping fees in sending it on to the next person.

A POX UPON THE ONE WHO BREAKS THE CHAIN

6 Likes