Paper Caps?

Hi people,

Does anyone know if it’s common for Yoyojam or FHZ owners to make their own caps our of paper or cardboard?

5 Likes

It was a thing with YoYoJams for sure. People would replace the “pog” under the clear cover. You’d use a suction cup to pull out the clear cover and put whatever underneath.

10 Likes

Yep, Have done some custom caps as well as made copies of standard caps for ones I picked up along the way that were missing caps.

12 Likes

All Buzz-On Yo-Yos came stock with paper caps!

3 Likes

Thats cool. Its nice to be able to cusyomise the look of your yoyo like that.

2 Likes

I doodle on some cardstock I glue together and cut out. It’s ghetto but i don’t have a better solution yet.

Or… use old tcg cards, I’m sure there’s a lot of MTG/Pokemon/Yugioh fans here.

I sent this to someone on the forums, they said they were gonna get it made into pogs that fit FH’s. If it doesn’t come through I’m gonna buy some myself.

I wish I had a 3d printer, or blank caps to paint on realistically. Been thinking of more ideas, but if the pogs work then I’ll probably just start making digital art and buying the pogs that fit.

14 Likes

I remember I used to do it with my spintastics yoyos. I just used paper with whatever art or logo, ran it through a small post card sized laminator and used the original as a template to cut out the right size, good times. :grinning::yo-yo:

6 Likes

YOU CUT POKÉMON TCG CARDS!!!
Joking, joking. I accidentally cut one of mine before but I don’t think I could bring myself to do it on purpose

1 Like

Haha I know I’m breaking some people’s hearts, i’ve just got so many cards laying around I don’t mind cutting a few. Sold off all my MTG and Yugioh stuff tho.