Organic metal throw

Hey guys! I would like to buy an organic metal throw. I do not want to spend more than 70 bucks (budget range). I would like to hear your suggestions! Thanks :slight_smile:

Take a look at my Instagram yoyo related account: Yoyouku

The Gauntlet is my favorite organic shaped yoyo. Come in $20 under budget for a solid color, or for $70, you can even get nickle plated or a splash. There’s one more of these for $74:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/EightPlus/Skilltoys/20161017_122634.jpg

It’s the first yoyo that I felt compelled to spend more on for a fancy colorway, and it looks and plays like a dream!

Yeah I looked for this throw but was not sure about it… I need a One drop in my collection and I feel that it would be cool to have one with side effects (as my first OD). What do you think of the Benchmark O 16’? (if you tried it). Thanks a lot!

I’d recommend spending a bit more and getting a creep
Or a grail or sparrow
All of those are amazing but the gauntlet is definitely one of my favorite onedrops

I guess you have to use BST to find one of Dturtle’s recommendations? I have heard good things about those yoyos, but haven’t tried them.

I haven’t tried the any Benchmark Os either, but I’m imagine they’re nice too. The Gauntlet was my first OD, and I also was reluctant for my first one to be one without SEs. In the end, I chose it due to the positive things said about it, the descriptions of how it played, and that amazing colorway. Maybe someone else who has tried both can compare them for you, but one difference you could look at is the width. The Gauntlet is a wide organic, so you might want to consider whether or not that fits into what you are looking for.

These aren’t all 100% ‘organic’ shaped, but most are close enough and they play great right in your price range.

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/new-releases/products/hadst-yoyo-by-turning-point

Organic yoyos are my favorite, and make up the majority of what I own.

2 of my favorites that are in your price range:

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/products/prescription-yoyo-by-one-drop?variant=27969069576 (modified organic)
https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/one-drop-yoyos/products/cabal-yoyo-by-one-drop

If you can save a bit more ($25) get a Markmont Classic. It’ll hit the areas you want: Organic shape, One Drop, and Side Effects. Plus the Markmont is one of the best yoyos that’s ever been made ;D

And as others have said, the Benchmark series from One Drop is really great! I think YYE has a few years worth of them still, check them all out and see which one, spec wise, you like best.

Lots of good organic choices from OD

Downbeat:

Rebirth:

Don’t know if it it matters to you, but I like that they are made in the USA. Also, whether they have SEs or not, they don’t have overly tight bearing seats, so there is no need for a bearing puller or pliers.

Just want to put in another good word for the gauntlet. Ive tried a Creep, MMC, and Grail, which are all awesome. And I found the gauntlet to be comparable to all of them in performance and fun, while costing way less. And they’re gorgeous. Here’s my Beetroot babe

Yeah they look amazing. But, for a first O shape metal throw, I don’t want to spend that much. But yeah, I’m absolutely conviced that I would love them. Thanks :slight_smile:

Actually, the 44rpm Surf is in my wish list! Thank you for your help!

Yeah, I see a lot of people loving the O shape throws. I don’t have a metal one, but I do own two O/H metal throws. I see One Drop have a vreat variety of this O shape. I think I’m gonna go with the Gauntlet. I had already look at the markmont. It’s perfect for what i’m asking…but a little too pricey. Thanks for your help!

So, i just wanted to let you know guys that I’ll go with the Gauntlet! It will probably be my next purchase. If only I could win the stick it send it. I’m from Canada and a 70US$ throw is like 93CAN$. Thanks again for your time guys! It is well appreciated! :slight_smile:

Great, I think you’ll love it! Be sure to share a pic. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’ll share a pic for suuuure

Yeah the gauntlet is amazing. I own both the MC and the gauntlet and I would 100% keep the gauntlet Over the markmont And the markmont is already a phenomenal yoyo if that tells you anything.

Well, now i’m stocked to try it!