Orange Tulips YoYo Trick Tutorial

This is a tutorial for Paul Escolar’s trick Orange Tulips which is a sequel to his trick Red Clover. He created this trick in 2001, and it made its first appearance that same year in a Sector Y video called “Wish We Were at Worlds.” The trick also appeared in Spencer Berry’s Phalanx Secundus video.

Not only is this a hard trick to do, it is a hard trick to teach. I thought the first popup was really hard to see on film, so I provided some pictures with instructions in the video to help. Hopefully with the pictures and video the first popup will make sense. I also managed to jury rig a head camera by strapping my camera to my head. 8)

I hope some of you are able to learn this trick. Enjoy!

Wish We Were at Worlds

1 Like

Thanks so much! It’s certainly not easy…but with the freeze frames and arrows I’ve managed to figure out what to do. I need to do it in three steps at the moment - but hopefully soon it’ll all happen in one fluid throw :slight_smile:

Pretty cool to see someone doing tutorials for the oldschool tricks that were never taught.

I know I was going to make tuts in my overhead view but it seems I don’t need to now.
props.

Been wanting to learn this for ages but never got round to it.
Thanks for this man!