One Drop YoYos Official News

As I look to my left I realize I will miss out on this one…goes against my nature I suppose.

24 Likes

I was also disappointed to not see clear, but I’m open to other colors. Clears just make the best players :grin:

5 Likes

Au naturale gives one an edge! :rofl:
It’s why my gold phase had to come to an end. Science.

2 Likes

I’m surprised how much wider it is.

4 Likes

Agree. Related to that, the weight is surprising relative to recent releases.

No complaints though.

2 Likes

this one looks super fun, heavily considering snagging one. black for sure, or maybe something i dont have at all like orange lol

2 Likes

There’s something about ODs red solids… just so good looking.

1 Like

These look like great fun, but I’m going to wait on this one and hope for some different colorways.

As someone who always loved the 54, this looks nothing like it.

2 Likes

You could always strip the ano!!

1 Like

IMO the shape around the rim looks pretty 54. And it’s 54mm and has SEs.

Granted, the profile is very different.

I guess it depends on what made the 54 the 54.

1 Like

When I think of the 54 i think no response bump and flattish rims.

54 rims arent actually 100% flat tho so i guess when you stretch out the design it becomes more angled.

Time to get both for a comparison😂

1 Like

The response bump is definitely different.

might have to get one, hope the rim weight is good :pray:

Visually, inside the cup geometry is totally different, no engravings, added response bump, much wider so the proportions are different (bye bye pocketability), removed the tight radius that gives the “flat rim” illusion.

It just doesn’t strike me as a good homage to the 54 visually. I am still interested to hear what people think of them in play.

1 Like

I see what you mean about he radius, at least in the pictures so far.

Seems like the original 54 was large for its time, but everything OD in that era was relatively pocketable.

1 Like

I personally am not a big fan of the cup my self.

Kinda disappointed ngl, it’s probably another one of their fun oriented releases.

I don’t have high expectations for this one but hopefully I am wrong.

2 Likes

I have no experience with the original 54. As a fan of the Rebirth and Reboot, I think it looks pretty cool and like it could have a welcome spot in my collection. I’m not buying because I’m saving money for Nats (or maybe picking one up in person…)

2 Likes

I’d always know. It would haunt me endlessly. Sleepless nights dreaming of the stripped orange slowly coating my whole world. To the point that in my waking hours the light cast off of my morning orange juice sends me screaming, feverishly running to hide from the coming orange-slaught. My heart just can’t take it.

1 Like

Kids these days… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

54 gen 2 copped. anyone else snag one?

5 Likes