One Drop YoYos Official News

missed by seconds…

1 Like

That’s wild.

Old Parlays with a nice splash anno should be going for 100$ mint with this kind of demand.

2 Likes

Paypal got me with the verification code, not fast enough! Gratz to those who copped :raised_hands:

8 Likes

It does seem like there is a ton of unmet demand, but Static Co. does their own thing from what I gather.

This was a response to a question about Sudos in 2024

sudo-response

4 Likes

Ha, that was me. Some days I think of purging all my yoyos and just buying a few more Sudos.

I’m not very good at yoyo, but that’s the one for me.

8 Likes

Do it, you won’t! :joy: Jk, don’t do that

(But if you~~'re not~~ do, I call first dibs)

3 Likes

54 Gen 2 pics up on Flickr:

Imgur

More: 54 Gen 2 | Flickr

24 Likes

Now this I’m hype for! OG 54 is fantastic

1 Like

On IG they said the 54 Gen 2 would ship with two sets of SEs. Looks like AL Ultralights and Brass Micro Caps(?)

5 Likes

In for one.

1 Like

These are looking spicy… now if only we had splashes…

definitely copping one of these, that red is calling to me

though a bape swap of these would probably look sick.

5 Likes

hope these are more attainable than the parlay and sudo.

2 Likes

Oh hell yeah!!

This looks great but why is it the 54gen2? I see little to no similarity between this and the old one. Im guessing this one is 54mm too but still😅

1 Like

This doesn’t exactly explain the connection. . .

https://www.instagram.com/p/C72hjXFB2Ll/

6 Likes

Need, these look so good. The hardest decision now is choosing which color to go with.

3 Likes

Would have looked a lot better without the response bump! Atleast then maybe some similarity.

Im still gonna get one it looks great!

1 Like

Very probably

Imgur

9 Likes

It’s kinda reminding me of the OG 54 mixed with the Intro. I’ve never gotten a chance to play an Intro but it’s always seemed like one of the best looking ODs to me. I just wished the Intro had side effects which is the thing that always stopped me from picking one up.

Dropping this Wednesday, June 19th at 11am Pacific

54 Gen 2

Each 54 comes with aluminum Ultra Lights installed and a set of brass Micro Caps to swap out. Available in red, purple, green, blue, orange and black. $69.

The original 54 was released in 2010 and was the first yo-yo to feature the Side Effects axle system. Side Effects are something we are really proud of and they have stood the test time. They are a genuine system for modding your yo-yo and nothing wears out. We adorably named it the “54” because it was the biggest diameter we had made to date - at the time, it was considered oversized but not so much now.

With that in mind, the Gen 2 obviously needed to retain the 54” diameter, be a Side Effect yo-yo, and ship with an extra set just like the original did (in this case, clear aluminum Ultra Lights are installed and brass Micro caps are Included). Our idea was to imagine if we could simply hold both ends of a 54 and pull to stretch it out to be considerably wider. As you would expect with it being wider, it comes in a bit heavier than the original. We feel like the Gen 2 pays excellent homage to the original while bringing the look and play up to modern standards.

Specifications
Base Weight: 63.15 Grams
Shipping Weight: 65.65 Grams with Aluminum Ultra Lights
Shipping Weight: 68.38 Grams with Brass Micro Caps
Width: 47.55 mm
Diameter: 54 mm
Stock Response: One Drop Flow Groove
Gap Width: 4.32 mm
Bearing Size: Large (C) stainless steel (One Drop 10 Ball Bearing)
Alloy: 6061 Aluminum
Finish: Pyramatte
Axle System: Side Effects

9 Likes

This may be a silly question but am I the only one getting kind of Pyro vibes?
Also, I wonder if we’ll ever see that deep red color again. It looks absolutely stunning.

2 Likes