One Drop Halifax

I had a few minutes to test out this Halifax One Drop sent me earlier this week.

Just a few brief thoughts - it’s super rim weighted and is powerful and stable as a result. But it’s also light on the string and nimble. You guys are in for a real treat when this drops soon!

14 Likes

Does it have side effects? And Do you know the specs?

1 Like

No side effects. Specs are:

• Weight: 62.8 grams
  • Width: 39.9 mm
  • Diameter: 52.1 mm
3 Likes

How would you say it compares to the Dietz (if you’ve played one)?

I still have a Dietz. The Dietz was (and is!) a great yoyo. The Halifax is more rim weighted and feels more substantial, even though it’s a little lighter. The catch zone on the Halifax is also a little steeper than the Dietz, which I think aslo probably contributes to moving more weight away from the center and toward the ris.

3 Likes

Compared to the Dietz, they are close, the Dietz feels more “bulky” and is overall a bit smaller than the Halifax. Both are excellent “undersized”

3 Likes

Loving mine so far! SMOOOOOTHHHH yoyo too!!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Already pulled the flat 10 ball I see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you know the release date? I must have one :star_struck:

No this model is tapped. It does have that classic Dietz aesthetic, but yeah…tapped.

1 Like

I did yes! haha

2 Likes

The Dietz is one of my Favorite yoyos, so I’m really excited about this one!

Looks like it even has an IGR?

1 Like

Yes it does have one!

Wait a second. Isn’t one half supposed to be purple? :joy:

1 Like

New to owning a Dietz (obtained in April), it’s been my quarantine throw and been a daily throw since… Small and stable. I wish the Halifax was side effect capable as I like my spikes!

2 Likes