One Drop Deep State in New YoYoExpert Exclusive Colors!

@codinghorror Y’all hiring? :rofl:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the new YYE (red/black/silver) pattern isn’t like the previous one, which I prefer. Bummer.

Yeah, this is more of an acid wash the older one was a splash:

Wait, did you just buy 22 deep states?

The company did, technically, not me.

1 Like

Oh my… Woah, that’s nuts man.

I wondered how those fades sold out so fast…

1 Like

Doesn’t mean we are switching it over permanently - we just decided to try a new acid wash! :blush:

1 Like

Interesting!

Okay, well, if the original YYE splash version of the red/black/silver ever comes back into stock, I want one!!!

1 Like

I remember many years ago; I told my girl that this Pollyanns Bakery has the very best Bearclaw pastry in California. She was highly doubtful about my claim.
So I went to the Bakery the very next morning. 30 minutes before they opened. There was already a line of 20 people when the door finally opened. It took another 30 minutes to get to the front of the line. I watched the Bearclaw count in the glass case as person after person made choices and left the Bakery.
Everything looked good…
Here I am; one person from the front of the line…
The employee greeted the person in front of me and asked what she would like? She said, “I want every Bearclaw in the place for my Company function!
The employee responded, ‘We can do that but you should know that almost every customer comes here to get at least one Bearclaw. Is it possible you could leave a few for other patrons behind you in line”?
The lady said, ‘I don’t care about anybody behind me because if they were in front of me; they would probably do the same thing’.
… My curiosity is simple. Unless your Company is comprised of yoyo players; why buy ‘all’ the yoyos in the same color way? Why not just buy several different color ways so everybody doesn’t get the same thing?
Timing is everything; though.
This post may get deleted before I get back from the Bakery… Anybody want a delicious Bearclaw?

2 Likes

I found the philosopher

1 Like

Wow, that one of the right looks amazing!

1 Like

The more appropriate analogy would be buying all the strawberry frosted bearclaws. There’s plenty of chocolate frosted, vanilla frosted, and plain bearclaws left.

1 Like

There is no such thing as a Strawberry frosted Bearclaw.

But not a doubt; I will run into a Strawberry frosted Bearclaw long before I ever run into a blue, purple, pink fade Deep State.

Lol

1 Like

You can send any bear claw for custom ano or custom “frosting”, or… frost it yourself!

Here’s some I had frosted meself :wink:

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/active-yoyo-refinishers/85453/4?u=codinghorror

Thank you very much for that information. I was wanting to fulfill my fantasy of customizing a yo-yo someday and you’ve given me a great idea. OK; so I buy a deep state for a minimum of $50 and then once I get it I strip it down real nice and then I send it to Gruntbull and they charge me 40 or $50 and then I get it back so I end up paying $100 for a $50 yo-yo; that’s just the greatest suggestion I’ve heard in the last 50 years.
But I think I’d actually be better off just getting a plain single color deep state yo-yo and taking it to the bakery and asking them if they put some strawberry frosting on it. I’ll tell them it was your idea and maybe they’ll give me a discount? I would stretch out just reply but now that I’m all amped up I’m gonna go down to the shop and prepared to my first yo-yo modification; my lifelong dream.
I owe you man seriously…

1 Like

We’re working on getting another run of the fades. I’ll give you a heads up when they come in Mo. :+1:

In the meantime… How is no one jumping on the killer YYE acid wash???

1 Like

I do have a Dogma in this black/red/clear acid wash style, it is a bit… goth. :wink:

I feel like I should be listening to Tool or Evanesence while throwing it.

No need, Gruntbull does that for you! Just send the already-anodized yo-yo (well, the halves minus axle and bearing) to them.

Trivia: the silicone pads can stay in and somehow survive the ano just fine, IDK, but mine did on both and Gruntbull explicitly said they’re fine when I asked

You paid $100 for a completely custom yo-yo that nobody else in the world has, though :wink:

1 Like

Okay, before I die I have to get this done.

1 Like