Oil on your axle

Does anyone apply lube/oil to their axles? I was looking through one of the discords and someone mentioned this. Never heard of anyone doing it but it makes sense.

4 Likes

I do! Makes everything feel a little smoother in my opinion and it helps a little in not stripping the axle if the yoyo is tight/squeaky out of the box

I apply lube to the axle, as well as some on the bearing post. helps keep anything from too difficult to remove. Definitely works.

1 Like

I do it every maintenance so it works, just apply some right amount of it and the dry/squeaky threads will go away.

2 Likes

I first did it to a squeaky Shutter, then to every new throw I got, then I stopped bothering. It never really helped the squeakers and time is now much rarer than yoyos in my life. :weary:

I don’t do this often - but i’ve definitely done it before - like if I notice a throw being particularly noisy while being put bag together etc. Never seemed to hurt.

I do it to every yoyo I take a part.

To me it is preventive maintenance. A little oil between dissimilar metals can go a long way.

1 Like

Yes, especially on the Ti, use One Drops V4M as its also taper lube. I also add a little to tight bearing post. From a mechanical perspective every fastener should be lubed, it helps with longevity of the threads and prevents galling.

1 Like