New YYO throws

The Tusk and Shift both seem to be packing a serious value punch. A $75 bimetal? I thought just last week I read a post that this was an unachievable price for a bimetal, but, maybe that was for a made in USA bimetal.

It seems if 2015 was the year of Titanium, 2016 is shaping up to be the year of bimetal.

I thought I read that it was impossible, too. Somebody has been feeding false information, I think.

$75 is very achievable for a bimetal. idk why anybody would say otherwise. with enough of it produced, just about anything could be produced in China for cheap (yes, even the most holy Blizzard could have cost $75 or even less).

Technically yyf sold the new superstar for 50-60. Maybe they lost money on the deal but that would surprise me.

I think that that may have been a deal that they struck with Yoyoexpert. I think 2016 superstars will be retailing for quite a bit more than $60. if not then cudos to yoyofactory.

yeah I know they will retail for quite a bit more, I just wouldn’t think either party lost money selling them at 60. then again, I really know nothing about it so there probably is a lot more too it haha.

(obviously the goal is to make money rather than break even, just saying there clearly is some wiggle room, as is being stated with the 75 price tag of the shift)

Anyone tried the shift yet? Right now I’m thinking it might be my next yoyo. Not sure yet though.

I know this from someone who is working with a pretty well known Chinese manufacturer. They make anodized 6061 yoyos and resell about $8 with minimum order of 50 yoyos iirc, and is still profitable, a 7075 for a little more. And by this I mean “proper” yoyos that you guys would take seriously.
$75 for a bi-metal? I’m not surprised.

I own both a Tusk and a Shift and love them. The Shift is amazing. The Quash is one of my favorite Yoyofficer throws and the Shift (based off the Quash from what I read) just made that design as if it took steroids :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!
Again may I ask, how many yoyos do you own? I feel like it’s a lot :stuck_out_tongue: nothing wrong with that, just wondering.

I’ve accumulated quite a bit of throws over the past 10 months lol…have yet to a headcount but, I will probably be needing to get another case.

I got back into throwing in December after many years absent and I’m up to 6 new ones already! Thankfully, yoyos are small and can be stored easily. The same cannot be said for another hobby of mine, which is RC planes. If you think yoyos are addicting, do not venture anywhere near the RC hobby! ;D

Oh, I’ve got my small collection of RC’s as well with a couple drifter cars, offroad truck, micro buggy, and a quadcopter. Thankfully, yoyos are easier to “take anywhere and play” and don’t require needing to be charged up before I take it out for a run.

1 Like