New release from Sengoku - The HANZO!

The latest Sengoku release is a monometal version of their bi-metal Hattori - This is the HANZO!

The Hattori was probably the most extreme design in the Sengoku lineup. The holes cut into the yoyo improve weight distribution and offer some of the best rim weight you can achieve in yoyo design. Now, in a more affordable mono-metal variation, the HANZO makes this impressive concept more accessible to a broader audience.

The HANZO weighs in at a lightweight 60g, 4g less than it’s bi-metal predecessor, giving it a completely different play experience. It has a light zippy feel on the string with impressive speed and plenty of power to get through your longest combos. PLUS those cutouts in the yoyo body give it a really unique sound in play that’s unlike anything else!

Releasing Friday 8/12 @ 8PM EDT.

19 Likes

Curious with this one looks like spinning!

3 Likes

Trying to finger spin on this one looks like it might be painful :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I was trying to post some images and a video from my iPhone 13 Pro but a window pops up saying that it’s not an authorized format for the video,:scream_cat:

11 Likes

man, I bet that thing sounds so awesome spinnin’

3 Likes

It sounds like a little drone, lol

9 Likes

Finger grind :no_entry: At your own risk

Looks amazing. Definitely a show stopper

8 Likes

But on a more positive note. I’m already making money with mine. I got a job at an Italian restaurant. I’m the most requested employee in the whole place. I go from table to table doing Parmesan cheese grinds right on top of big bowls of spaghetti and mostaccioli and rigatoni. Nothing wrong with making a few bucks.

:joy:

7 Likes

Videos please! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, fingerspins not recommended on this one lol.

4 Likes

What about finger grinds. Do they scrape off your skin😂

Depends how tough your fingers are

3 Likes

Big respect for the (presumable) live tooling lathe they had to use to make this. Super cool!

6 Likes

What’s a live tooling lathe? I assumed they did these kinds of things in multiple steps, one of which would have been on a milling machine or whatever Diff E Yo uses to do their cutout/decorated halves.

2 Likes

While it would be possible to add a milling operation, a live tooling lathe could do the turning and milling in one set-up, greatly improving the accuracy.

A live tooling lathe is a CNC lathe with an added “sub spindle”, meaning; it spins the part to turn the profile, and can also call out a tool that spins on its own (like a milling machine spindle inside the lathe.) this allows you to utilize off center milling, using the lathe rotary axis as a indexer, and pocketing capability you wouldnt otherwise be able to accomplish in a traditional lathe. All of this is programmable in, and its very impressive equipment.

I’ll attach an image to show an example.

9 Likes

I’m glad to hear sengoku is still around they’re web site was down for a long time.

i attempted the finger grind with mine, my fingers are wide enough to catch the cuts in the sides. as a result the yoyo gripped my finger in an impressive fashion and rocketed off. more of a finger launch than a grind. no pain or anything, no blood. also, no grinding…

that being said, it is a fine player with a very unique visual appeal. i like it a lot. the wind sound it makes is quite unique. as @yoyodoc noted, it does sound like a small drone.

enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

2 Likes