New Japan Tech MinIRAGE release and MIRAGE restock!

MinIRAGE:

Presenting the MinIRAGE - a mini size version of MIRAGE reduced 22% in size!

The goal with MinIRAGE was to take MIRAGE and adjust the size and weight for something more fun, nimble, and pocketable while still maintaining everything people love about that fine tuned shaped.

MiniRAGE comes stock with a lubed responsive bearing. Replacing (or cleaning) the stock bearing you can easily make it unresponsive. This is the fun pocket yoyo you have been waiting for from Japan Technology!

MIRAGE:

The Mirage became an instant hit when it was first released in 2019; its small size and considerable power found many fans around the world.

With this renewal, we’re sizing up the body diameter by about 2mm, and this new version is reborn as a “full sized” Mirage. We fully expect this yo-yo to hit the contest stage, so we’ve enhanced its ability to serve a variety of players and difference styles of string trick play. So whether your game is 1A, 3A or 5A, the Mirage has you covered.

4 Likes

Any quick thoughts on the minirage? It’s tempting but I want to know if it’s a capable undersized without feeling heavy. @YoYoExpertGarrett

1 Like

It comes responsive and I haven’t had a chance to swap bearings and really test it out yet. As a responsive yoyo I think it plays well, but I like responsive throws to be larger personally. I think it will really shine with a clean unresponsive bearing though!

1 Like

I highly doubt it’ll be heavy being only 50.51g. It’s more likely for it to be too light.

Be careful that the axle size isn’t too short before trying to swap bearings. JT states that 5mm thickness D bearings (standard size) cannot be used.

Where do you see that? The 3.65mm gap cant be attained with a 3mm half-spec D bearing (the claimed bearing/gap width). It looks more like its a recessed D bearing, unless specs are wrong.

“【Caution】
MinIRAGE is exclusively for Size D Bearing (thickness: 4 mm).
Bearing with a thickness of 5 mm cannot be used.
As it is a collection model, please refrain from purchasing if you are looking for high performance.

Directly from their website.

1 Like

Interesting, never seen a 4mm d bearing yoyo stock before. Never seen a yoyo say you cant use a wider bearing, especially one that has posts as long as this one (based on YYE photos). My respawn lite cant use mm (bought to try to nmake the gap more narrow), cuz the posts were too long.