New In Yoyo-ing

Hello! Yesterday i got my first yoyo, a YYF Whip. Until now i learned tricks like Boingy-Boing, Split the Atom, Man on the flying trapeze, Double or nothing, Boomerang, etc… easy tricks. Few hours ago (it doesn’t even has one day) it started making a very loud noise from the bearing. I don’t have any lube for it, any kind of lube. I don’t want it to get stucked or to do something so i’ll never use it before. In my country is pretty expensive, not in like other countries, where u buy it for 8$ :frowning: . Is it normal? I don’t want it to break. :frowning:

New problem. Now, it has become fully responsive :frowning: . What should i do?!

I tried to clean the bearing. Is still responsive. Then, i lubed it. Still responsive. Cleaned it again. Still responsive, but now it doesn’t make any noise.

How’d you clean it? All that happened is you probably got some dirt or dust in it, it happens. And after cleaning and living it will still be a little responsive for a while. Just has to spin all the lube out. How much lube did you put in? You should never put more than a drop of lube in it, and even then that’s a bit much.

Boingy, double or nothing, etc on your very first day?!?! Wow! I was just trying to keep a straight throw my first time. Regards to your question, I honestly would leave it be. Don’t mess with it. The bearing will naturally break in on its own most times. Resist the urge to keep screwing with your yoyo.

Opinions on this will vary obviously.

I’ve been putting around one drop of lube, maybe one and a half :frowning: . I think i have to play with it how it is. God bless me, maybe he will become normal again.

Do you recommend me to clean it one last time? I cleaned it with acetone (i think that’s how u call it… girls uses it on their nails to clean them).

Either play it until the lube breaks in or clean it again and don’t put any lube in. If it spins better w/o lube you lubed it too much.

I think i’m gonna go with it until it breaks. How much should it take? Days, Weeks or Months?

Depends on how much you play each day, and the break in is pretty gradual. It will take a week at the ABSOLUTE most, but it’ll probably be quite a bit shorter. For me it’s usually a day or two for it to totally break in.