New here. Just inherited these

This thing weighs 77 grams

2 Likes

Not sure whatā€™s going on with the bearing on that oneā€¦ but it looks wrong to me lol. Looks like they smashed a plastic transaxle in with the bearing for some reason.

7 Likes

Maybe spacers, for some reason.

My advice would be to learn how to yoyo. You just might have some fun.

7 Likes

My grandson saw the yoyos and he is going to start. He already learned some tricks. Heā€™s 10.

14 Likes

I think most everyone here would agree that is the absolute best thing that could happen to them.

11 Likes

Amen.

7 Likes

Like Iā€™ve said many times: Yoyo knows what itā€™s doing. Yoyo finds the right people at the right time. The ways of Yoyo are mysterious and difficult for humans to understand.

Most of those yoyos are unresponsive meaning the yoyo is designed to not return to the hand with a tug. A move called a bind is required to make the yoyo return to the hand. There are plenty of videos available to learn from. I just donā€™t want him to think a yoyo is broken because it does not return to his hand with a tug.

9 Likes

The Velocity (Yellow one with the black dials on the side) is a pretty good yoyo to learn on. You can adjust the response level with those dials so it comes back easier.

2 Likes

If the person you inherited them from means anything to you then at least choose one or two to keep. I suggest the First Base because it is a great responsive learning yoyo.

Thatā€™s a Godzilla Skyline. Theyā€™re a bit more sought after.

1 Like

Thanks! I have kept a few and the one my Grandson picked, he has not set down since he got it. I will have him try on the First base. He has watched some videos but is having trouble. He is determined to get good at it.

7 Likes

I see a Michigan University yoyo, Are you in Michigan?

1 Like

Yes I am in Michigan. Right in Wolverine town!

There is a ton of yoyo talent in Michigan, 3 players on Duncan at least, a few other sponsored players from other teams, and another yoyo trick teaching webstore. Once the stuff going on slows down check out Downtown Plymouth Yoyo club with your grandson, itā€™s a fun time.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! Iā€™ll look into it. Itā€™s great to see him doing something of screen.

3 Likes

This does look really coolā€¦hehe.

1 Like

Any idea what make/model this one is? I canā€™t place it.

1 Like

Iā€™m terribly sorry to be that guy but I canā€™t be the only one thinking it. Can we get a moment of silence and an F in the chat for that cafe racer.

3 Likes

I have listed them on my Mercari if anyone is interested. I will take offers.

https://www.mercari.com/u/726874430

1 Like