New Edge Beyond removed nsk and ti axle thoughts?

So I got new edge beyond and emailed them about this. I guess people had issues with nsk/ ti axle and they removed it. Anyone own both notice a big difference? I dont know how i feel about the removed ti axle. They said may cause it to strip the yoyo.

Letme know what you guys think.

6 Likes

Interesting. The EB is the only yo-yo I’ve had that I’ve ever stripped. Happened when I dropped it, only from 2 - 2.5 feet high, and it ripped the threads out of one half.

3 Likes

Any interest on getting it fixed or selling? Also I’m not sure how a titanium axle would cause the yoyo to strip any easier than a regular axle.

4 Likes

Titanium is stronger then Aluminum, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Yea but so is steel which is what’s regularly used. Either way the axle material is stronger than the aluminum threading. The yoyo stripping is definitely more due to the yoyo using an extremely short axle. These yoyos are built purely for performance, the tradeoff might be durability. Can’t take a beating like Dif-e-yos used to. The upside is they play a lot better haha.

9 Likes

Yeah, no idea why titanium axle would make much if any difference since steel is already so much harder than aluminum.

Anyway, I sent it to YYF and they replaced it. I’ve since sold it.

5 Likes

I kinda wanna try buy something magnesium axle and nsk in edge beyond lmao

2 Likes

I would personally advise against magnesium axles. Magnesium is a fairly soft metal and not very strong. The axle could strip or snap in half.

4 Likes

Axle normally doesn’t change the feeling a lot but the bearing does. I changed the bearing to NSK and it just feel smoother.

3 Likes

And of course, the edge beyond print are no longer aligned.

2 Likes

they should make the axle/bearing seat titanium too like how plastic yoyos use a metal bearing seat

3 Likes

wud cost more tho, but would also take weight away from the centre

3 Likes

Good in concept, but not really in execution unfortunately. There would be more centerweight as titanium is more dense than aluminum, and the introduction of more parts in a yoyo means it’s harder to get the yoyo to be smooth.

6 Likes

Titanium is much more likely to seize than stainless steel. Might be why titanium makes a difference. It’s incredibly difficult to remove a titanium bolt once it’s seized.

3 Likes