New C3yoyodesign ROOC & Pro Strings!

ROOC:

The new C3yoyodesign ROOC is the latest member of the World Champion Shinya Kido signature Krown series. This high-end hybrid model allows you to further experience what the legendary design has to offer in a new form!

The ROOC features the same shape and size as the Krown, with a stainless steel rim fitted to a lightweight machined polycarbonate body. It has a powerful spin while remaining extremely maneuverable, it responds to the most subtle subtle direction change like it’s one step ahead of you. The rim heavy weight distribution gives the ROOC great stability and spin time and the Krown profile shape keeps it fast in play with impressive acceleration.

It’s an impressive string trick model that has the potential to surpass full metal yo-yos and will satisfy both those who love plastics, bi-metals, and everything in between!

PRO Strings:

C3yoyodesign PRO-STRING. Players are constantly asking C3 what string comes packaged with their yo-yos, and now they can finally get it!

This string is a beautifully soft polyester with a nice slick feel on the hands. It has a little bounce and breaks in quickly so you can get right to throwing your favorite tricks!

2 Likes

Don’t know if this is the place to reply but…

I’m just coming back, but is C3 a “premium” company? I get that they’re made in Hong Kong versus China, but $80-85 for a hybrid throw seems a little steep. The only other throw in this range with this construction off the top of my head is the iceberg for $60.

And how does polycarbonate compare to POM/delrin? For example, the Gamma Crash.

2 Likes

It’s more that they have a really broad mix of releases - from the $30 cyber crash all the way up to the fairly recent $140 berserker max. This looks like it sits in the middle along with their galaxy diver and pory crash releases. Remember that wider yoyos tend to increase costs, as well.

3 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett been meaning to ask, how does the Rooc play? How does it compare to the Porycrash?

It depends on what you’re looking for, but I liked the ROOC a little better than the PoryCrash personally. The ROOC plays fast and has good spin power - and it had that feel where it just responds to any movement instantly, not sure quite how to describe that… Maneuverable, nimble, along those lines. I just picked one up again before writing this and I could have easily thrown it for another 20 minutes without even thinking about it. I did notice it slip a few times on simple regens, but I was just using a bulk poly string, something a little thicker would be perfect.

I really liked the CyberCrash as well, but I haven’t thrown one recently and we are out of stock to compare so this might be a slightly biased comparison. From what I remember it felt a little heavier and slower in play, but also more powerful with really good stability so it kind of depends what you’re looking for. Both good choices, but the ROOC gets my vote.

4 Likes

The specs of the Rooc looks pretty ideal to me. The weight difference between the polycarbonate body and metal rings might make it be like a longer spinning Krown, It’s just that there isn’t much reviews on it yet so I am curious how it plays. The porycrash’ width does seem to be all-catch zone; and being slightly heavier and more stable (I’m assuming resists tilt better) may have been developed with 5A in mind.

Thanks for the response!

1 Like

How do the strings compare to plutonium? (Mainly in thickness) I love plutonium, but I don’t want to waste them on cheaper yoyos. My bulk string is very old and quite thin. Now that I’ve been using thicker string, my yoyos with my bulk string are less enjoyable to use.

1 Like

I noticed there’s a rubber o-ring in the photos. What is this for?

Not quite sure what you mean - The response pads?

No sir… on the axle was a tiny rubber o-ring next to the bearing seat.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s just the bearing seat and just looks like an o ring.

2 Likes

OH! :sweat_smile: You’re 100% correct. Thanks

2 Likes