New Alex Hattori Signature YoYo - The YoYoFactory BOOST AFTERBURNER!

Alex Hattori is the most successful competitor in the history of the USA with a total of 6 National Contest titles to his name! The original bi-metal Boost was a crowd favorite for 1A & 3A and the afterburner continues the evolution in a new direction!

The BOOST afterburner is engineered, not just machined. Constructed in composite of multiple pieces of 6061 alloy this allows for a very one of a kind weight distribution that delivers unprecedented speed and stability resulting in smooth, powerful, and fast play.

The visual aesthetics are also just stunning! This yoyo looks as good as it plays! Be sure to watch Alex’s new video and see what is possible!

Thursday 6/18 @ 10AM EDT.

8 Likes

What is the advantage of the two piece design?

1 Like

makes it more expensive :rofl:

1 Like

but srsly i cant see y this yoyo couldnt be made in 1 piece it doesn’t look that unusual

1 Like

It creates a design with a unique weight distribution that would be extremely difficult and much more expensive to machine in one piece.

7 Likes

…so essentially set like a bimetal, but it’s the same material?

2 Likes

It gives trolls something to complain about :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Oh wow I totally thought this was a bimetal!

3 Likes

It’s a real performer and its weight distribution makes it really fun. I got mine when Ben presold a few in May. From its quality and complicated construction along with how smooth it plays I was expecting to see it priced closer to $75 or $80. The blast on this is super nice, it works really well for grinds. When you throw it you can tell its not a bimetal, it feels like a mono with a little extra, its hard to explain but I really like it.

4 Likes

I will give you guys an abstract parallel.

50 years ago, I use to bowl in Leagues. I threw a bowling ball that used a certain amount of side weight and top weight to allow for creating dynamic power at point of contact.The ball had what was called a Bach thumb hole. It is a red insert actually shaped to my individual oval thumb shape. Thumb fit hole so snug, that an 1/8” vent release was drilled in at an angle into the bottom of the hole to allow smooth release. The pattern was called Full Fingertip because only the tips of the middle and ring finger go into the finger holes. I threw the ball in a full roller pattern.(which means once the ball leaves my fingertips, it turns like a corkscrew). Being Left handed, I used the side of the lanes that were less worn. Allowing my ball to fatally injure pins, ten at a time.

That little story obviously has zero to do with yoyos… but here is my point.>>

My bowling ball looked just like most any other Pro level bowling ball. 16.2 pounds, black and round.

But the functionality of the ball was scientifically calculated to perform just the way ‘it did’.

…So you read about this New mono metal yoyo that looks like a bi-metal yoyo. And it is made in parts from 6061. So logic would immediately question how could the yoyo have amazing good weight distribution when all the parts are 6061?

The Boost Afterburner contains performance engineering that you can’t see. And a mono metal construction that some would question the value of?

But once you throw the Boost Afterburner, your questions will melt away…

PS… also take into consideration that the yo-yo was designed by an MIT genius.

9 Likes

Remember, Alex Hattori has a Master’s Degree in Engineering from MIT. My understanding is that he is pretty hands on with yoyo design, which likely means putting his formal education to use.

Just because in a picture I can’t see why this is different than a similar one piece shape, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t feel a difference in play. If I can feel a difference in play, imagine how that difference could impact a six-time National Champion.

Finally, a $60 price tag isn’t absurd. There are less expensive and more expensive mono metal yoyos out there. This is the point on the continuum from “free” to “$1,000,000,000” that Yoyo Factory thought was appropriate.

4 Likes