National yoyo contest

*its like whatever, we out here we gooood.

Yeah it should be moved to Medford Oregon clearly. I don’t know what the rest of you are thinking. lol

Why does everyone think it should be in their state? It should be in the middle of the country for every one to go.

1 Like

Like Texas? :wink:

Cuz yoyoers are lazy. At least I am.

Cali a yoyo state? I wish it was more yoyo up here in nor cal.

I think the National Yoyo Contest should be held in Siberia or on some near to Earth Asteroid.

That way Everyone from the United States would have an equal opportunity to whine like little babies about how tough it is to get to the Contest…wah, wah,wah…

Prolly didn’t dawn on some people, that no matter where Nats., is held, it is going to more trouble for some, than other, to get to.

Actually, I guess if they wanted to move the Contest, the Exact middle of the Country would at least allow all Yoers from California and Seattle Washington and Florida and New York to ‘Complain more equally’ about making the Costly Trudge to ‘The Middle’.

Interestingly, the National Yoyo Contest does not Crown the Best Yoyo Player in the ‘Nation’ anyways.

The Judges decide ‘the Best’ from the Players that actually compete in the Contest.

The BEST players as often than not, don’t even make it out to the a Contest and wouldn’t, no matter where it was held.

I would fully agree with anybody/everybody, that Chico is Not very easy to get to for most people.

But then again, Disneyland is not very easy for most people to get to either.

‘The Nationals’, should not be considered a mobile Contest, because the word Nationals is used in the title.

Technically, the National Yoyo Contest is a Contest that is Open to any and all challengers, eligible within/from the United States. If you want to enter or attend the Nationals, it is up to you to ‘get there’.

If they change the Name to Ringling Brothers/Barnum and Bailey, Travelling National Yoyo Circus…

…then they may end up in yo town, soon.

Until then, Every Year, the Best Yoyo Players Wind Up in Chico.

1 Like

::slight_smile:
Exactly.

US Nationals doesn’t need to move around the country…it just needs a location that is easier and less expensive to get to than Chico.

One good location will work a lot better than a moving contest for a National event, and holding it in the middle of the country isn’t going to make it cheaper to get to for everyone, just the people in the immediate area.

We’re working on options. Moving it around every year isn’t one of them.

Seems like a good compromise would be just putting it in Sacramento. Thad can easily drive down and deal with the contest there. The cost of flying into sac isn’t really higher then anywhere else.
I still vote for medford oregon. BBQ at my house yall! lol

As someone who will never compete in a yoyo competition, I can say that I would consider traveling to something like the BAC just to hang out for a little bit because I live in Socal and love the Bay Area so I wouldn’t mind an excuse to get myself up there. If I was on vacation in [insert urban or suburban hot spot here] and there was a yoyo competition, I would likely go to hang out for a little bit. Despite living relatively close to Chico there is a 0% chance I would travel to Chico using a yoyo contest as an excuse. There is a 0% chance I would travel to Chico period. Take that for what it’s worth. Possibly nothing.

Zero ‘I like going to Yoyo contests’ Motivational Points.

You Win!

What did you win?

Possibly nothing.

1 Like

So you’re saying…there’s a chance I won something. Awesome ;D

Coming from a kid who often has to pay for a big part of his travel to compete at some of these west coast contests, Chico is quite inconvenient. Personally I think Chico is an awesome town, but having to pay for a rental car or throwing in an extra $200 to fly into Chico’s airport isn’t the most fun thing in the world. I love flying across the country to see the attractions, people, and food that are located around the contest. BAC was one of the coolest experiences for me. Personally, I think Nationals should be moved to San Francisco, with BAC moving to Chico, that way the museum can still be involved.
It doesn’t really matter where around the country Nationals ends up, but having it in a big city would make the experience much more memorable. Either way Nationals is a dope contest and probably always will be.

LIKE THE MIDWEST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

I agree nationals shouldn’t move around. Just curious if that was something on the table.

Also, for everyone crying out for a big contest in the midwest…

We’ll be seeing all of you at Triple Crown in Chicago this summer, right? :wink: