My Time has Come.

I don’t know what “Cheesy” means in the context of a yoyo. There are several YYJ (H3X, Trinity, Diamondback) and a few YYF yoyos (CZKM84VK, Genesis, we’ll see about the forthcoming refreshed lineup) I could see owning.

iYoyo58, I highly doubt you have tried all but three brands. I have been yoyoing for 4+ years and I still have lots of brands to try, and I’ve attended LOTS of contests, yoyo meets, and the like in the past years. I absolutely do not believe you, I’m sorry.

Also, YYF yoyos like the Supernova, Genesis and DNA have some of the widest gaps on yoyos available today. Either you have no idea what you’re doing when you’re throwing, or you haven’t tried any of these yoyos at all because they simply do not ‘snag.’

You also mentioned that YYJ never dissapoints. I would like to counter this, because YYJ is one of the only brands that has continually dissapointed me excluding a few like the Trigger, Trinity, Quest etc. I don’t understand your obsession with YYJ and I never really will but I’m glad to see you’re at least opening your mind to other throws that are available.

The 888x was one of the first metals I used and I never had a problem with tilting, and never got the “rock on a string” feel. Different strokes

I didn’t see that iyoyo58 mentioned his yyf throws snagging. That’s just silly. The supernova has a gap the size of mount everest. And as far as trying all but 3 brands, even just brands they offer at yye, I still haven’t tried any throws from 8 of them, and I’ve been throwing for 2 1/2 years.

Of all the brands I know, I have only missed 3. And yeah, my supernova always snagged, I do know what I’m talking about and I’m an experienced thrower. You don’t see why I have an obsession but there’s a reason I was dedicated to YoYoJam for a long time, so if you don’t know just be quite and leave me alone, because I don’t see what’s with you tryna bring me down.

I’m not trying to bring down, it’s just that what you say either doesn’t make sense or simply isn’t true. If you’ve only missed three brands out of all the brands that you know, you obviously don’t know many brands at all. And about your Supernova snagging, you must have it knotted, or responsive, or something because the supernova does not just snag. Lol… look at what Dynikus has to say below:

I agree you can’t have played all yoyo brands but 3. Or at least not in a meaningful way. The number of Chinese brands that aren’t seen in North America is pretty impressive.

Regarding YYJ: I suspect they or someone on their team did something pretty significant for you. And that it has rightfully earned your loyalty. But loyalty doesn’t require exaggeration. You can be loyal without recommending “all” YYJ as being “without fail”. That’s not loyalty anymore and it doesn’t do anyone any favours.

Imagine someone buys a YYJ that you secretly know isn’t ideal for a person… and they bought it because you said, “you simply cannot go wrong”. You’ve actually done more harm than good. They get a DM2 and it’s all wrong. They now have a negative impression of YYJ. But if you had said, “I really think the Phenomizm is the way to go,” you probably would have beein doing more to support the company you love.

3 Likes

WHAT? Why the g5??? I absolutely hate the g5.

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking. There are so many better YYF’s than the G5’s.

I was disappointed with my genesis

I just wanted it for the Z-stacks.

Please don’t go blabbing about the stacked Catalyst, because if that was offered I probably would’ve taken that trade (traded my Sweets Kendama matte marble Kendama for the G5)

Name some brands and well see if I haven’t tried em. And I don’t know if it was the bearings, the pads, whatever, all I know was that it was not knotted, and that it constantly snagged on me, and if you wanna start blaming the string I was using YoYoExpert 100% poly at the time. And the extra string that came with the Supernova. The bearing was stock as well.

Blood brothers, diamont noir, eternal throw, jazz yo, monkeyfinger, deadly spins, square wheels, timcor, yoyoskeel, northern spin, then there’s a bunch of asian brands we don’t know of and there’s at least 3 new startup companies over at the manufacturer section, new companies are constantly starting up with today’s technology. I think it’s funny how you actually thought you tried all but 3 ::slight_smile:

Make that 7 :wink:

Jekyll&Hyde: SPINS, Inertia in Motion, Radical Seas… 10 :stuck_out_tongue: + about 50 that I didnt mention

Lol he really tries to justify it. haha

Lets do all US brands :wink:

G5 arrived yesterday, finally opened the package today.

And how is it?

Decent.

I dont know why, but I feel like the supernovas gap size looks huge in pics. It is big, but it looks really big SOMETIMES…

Isn’t the ricochet a really big gapped yoyo? I’ve only seen pics though.