Must get G2’s?

Before I stopped throwing g2 was still super small. I wanna jump on the G2 hype train, but I don’t where to start. I already have an Elite18 (and love it).

What’s the must haves out of the lineup within the last few years? I’m willing to do BST digging

7 Likes

Get a Banshee. One of the best mono metals out there. It wasn’t until around November of last year that I got my first one and now I have 5. They are awesome

8 Likes

Banshee (or Elite 2018), Wolf, Hawk. Jury is out on the newer stuff, still.

3 Likes

Banshee is their flagship

4 Likes

The Life is a new organic, G2 x A-RT collab, don’t have one but threw one at ECM and holy crap it’s nice. Heard nothing but good things about the Direwolf so far. Banshee is the usual recommendation because it’s just a great all around monometal. I have an AL7 Banshee and love it. Reaper is another newer one I’ve heard good things about, but haven’t thrown one personally.

7 Likes

The Pelican is my favorite so far👌🏽 Diamond blasted sea foam is one of my favorite throws these days.

3 Likes

was there also a banshee 17? And if so, is there a consensus on banshee 17vs18?

2 Likes

I prefer the OG banshee, but they are both great! My favorite G2’s include Hawk, Wolf, OG Banshee, and OG Elite (in that order).

2 Likes

I think Banshee 2018 is overall better but Banshee 2017 has more of a floaty feel. Elite 2018 is FAR better than the older elites though.

Have not tried the 2018 pelican, so can’t comment on that.

Is Dire Wolf a sequel to the Wolf? :thinking:

3 Likes

Banshee 18 and Wolf are must haves IMO. Life is new hotness and my love affair with it now is SO STRONG!

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Probably gonna look into the Pelican, Banshee, and Reaper.

2 Likes

I havent tried a g2 i didnt love. I just put a Dire Wolf up for sale. I would consider it and its little brother the Wolf as must haves.

7 Likes

I’m going to put in my 2 cents and say pick up a ghost If one pops up on the BST. It is one of the most unique throws because it’s made of Teflon, and is easily one of my favorite plastics. It’s based off the banshee shape too. The only issue with this one is it’s not as durable as other plastics, but should be fine if you play over carpet and don’t overtighten. I’ve been playing mine for a solid year and never had an issue but others have had issues.

4 Likes

Hawk is the only one I can personally vouch for. And it is one of the most pleasant organics I own. 10/10 would recommend to a friend

7 Likes

It’s an og not specific to 17 the 18 us a lil updated version

The DireWolf is absolutely NOT a sequel to my signature yoyo.

~Zammy

5 Likes

Direwolf is BIG.

Reaper is awesome.

3 Likes

i bought my first G2 last march, an Elite 2018. now i have 21 with two more on the way (gulp)

here are some of my personal thoughts and comments:

• Casefiles 003: pocket sized throw with fingerspin dimple, might be harder to get as casefiles runs are smaller and once they’re sold out, they’re retired

• Reaper: G2 Alphuh’s signature throw, has been in the prototyping stage for years. I own the last prototype version (7) and i absolutely love it. i’ve joked to my GF about it being my dream yoyo if i was ever sponsored (my profile pic is of the Reaper i own)

• Banshee 2018: one of the few yoyos that i am delighted to have multiples of, still praying for my AL7 bomber to arrive safely

• Life: a collab between G2 and A-RT, i have one from both sides with different finishes and colorways. G2’s run has an extra grindability surface but you can’t go wrong with either (it takes design cues from the Grail, the Warthog and the Triton)

• Covenant: 2019’s sleeper hit from G2. might take more time for it to get into the hands of people before this thing explodes in popularity, idk but i hope thats the case

i’ve never thrown a G2 that i didnt love. honorable mention goes to my Marvel, which I carry as an EDC

13 Likes

Might be harder to get but casefile 003 is nice

4 Likes

Aren’t all G2s must get? :smirk:

I would say these are the ones you probably want to look out for; as 2019 models, they’ll be a little more readily available:

Pictured: Reaper, Covenant, and Life

15 Likes