most cheap competition yoyo?

I would’ve said similar things to the above posts, however to answer the question, personally I would go with Adegle Speedaholic and then maybe sand the surface a bit to make it grindable, or Yoyojam Odyssey or YYF Onestar, that’s the lowest I could go without sacrificing performance.
Well Yuuki won worlds with I think responsive Freehand/Freehand Zero? most modern plastics are a lot easier to play than these.

I was using a $7 Auldey for a 1 minute combo. I admit it wasn’t a really a good combo and a lot of mistakes but you get the idea.

[quote=“Dust,post:15,topic:78543”]
I guess i just see it in a different light, as i compare compititions as a performance. Like a play (theater) is a performance showing all the hard work and rehearsal, the choreography, the timing, the fore thought and proper execution (assuming its not just a full on freestyle or jam session, in which case nothing matters other than the flow). By “combo” i dont mean a singe throw at all but a performance of a show of your experience and skillsets youve worked your butt off to “get”. They call them routines for a reason.
Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to be discouraging, and all activity and interactivity is a good thing! I just see a competition as something other than playing on stage. Its showing what you got, and showing the mastery levels attained. It doesnt have to be complicated, or even difficult tricks to be effective, if you can do them WELL is what matters. Watching someone struggle to get through a trick that is beyond their current skill set is not great, but watching someone do even the most simple basics with such grace and ease is where any performer should be.
Sure you can bust the big bangers here and there on your free time but it would be a bad idea to try one in a competition. Those (while the payoff could be huge) would likely result in a fail, thus impacting your score/placement with the judges.
Also let me slide in here that I im very new into the yoyo scene (less than a year) and have not (nor am i interested in) competing.
Im sorry if my comments come off as offensive, i dont mean them to be at all. I just want everyone to represent themselves as good as they can while on stage is all. Thats the place to perform, not play. At least imho.
Bottom line-
As long as your enjoying yourself, thats all that matters. ;D
[/quote/]

We so offended. That steams coming out our ears like the in those cartoons.