**MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022- #51- NANDA KANDA -End of year challenge $50 YYE gift certificate prize!

Like from the 5 to 6 second mark in my post, going from the first triangle mount thing to the chopstick in one motion without resetting your NTH fingers.

@ryanmcg I agree that it looks good either way. Doing it in two steps helps present that first mount better

3 Likes

Wait im not sure if i understand haha, am i doing it incorrectly? I cant tell.
Also… i think i am skipping a step at the last GT, i am flipping directly into the GT and not letting it land then whipping into it?

1 Like

No, you’re all good man. Nice and smooth execution too.

Edit: With the GT, the tutorial shows it both ways.

1 Like

What’s on tap for this week?

I was supposed to post something last night… but I thought ‘today’ was Friday :man_facepalming: @AKYOYOMIKE will probably post something in just a bit.

Edit: scratch that, I got something coming

3 Likes

Week 28: Ninja Hook

This is the tutorial that helped me finally get Ninja Vanish to click really well. Ninja Hook OTOH I’ve yet to make much progress with.

12 Likes

I Blake this one! Something to add to my Ninja vanish

edit… not sure who Blake is but I love this one. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great pick…i was thinking about @EOS44 tuts on ninja Vanish variations. Great pick!

3 Likes

I love this trick! Might just have been me but watch your knuckles when learning :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think @EOS44 has some great tutorials and i like single or short elements that can be combined in other moves

5 Likes

:scream: :rofl:

I busted my knuckles over and over learning NV. A few times I noticed half my string was suddenly bright red… and sticky. I still have scars on my knuckles from that. It was actually this tutorial that helped me stop banging my knuckles on the yo-yo.

Now I just need to finally get that hook variation down tho.

4 Likes

Hooks are my enemy!

2 Likes

I’m actually the complete opposite :sweat_smile: I love doing hooks !!! In fact I’m finally landing 2.0 hook consistently !!!

1 Like

I went through a phase of hitting this, and now I can’t… Ugh! Jealous of anyone who can hit 2.0 consistently.

3 Likes

I’ve got -2.0 and 1.5 pretty darn consistent…not even close to 2.0 lol

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to land a 2.0 hook for MONTHS like many….many…. months :laughing: but recently I got the rhythm down and I’m starting to land it regularly. But you can land a -2.0 hook !!! I’ve tried doing it but whipping the string in the opposite direction while keeping the tempo right is just way to hard for me lol :joy:

2 Likes

So this week’s one is tricky… Can’t quite work out the whipping motion… It’s one of those ones where I guess you can’t describe it in a video, you just need to feel it out.

3 Likes

How’s everyone doing with this trick?

I can hook the yo-yo, but I rarely hook it correctly(like 1 in 5 successful hooks), and I don’t understand how to do it right so I can do the proper dismount like @EOS44 does in the tutorial.

The way I’m landing the hook still allows me to dismount back into a brother mount, so it’s a usable trick but it’s not a correct @EOS44 Ninja Hook.

Edit: of course… right after posting this I started making some progress

1 Like

I’m not doing this trick :rofl: haven’t hit one hook yet, but again, not sure if I’m doing the motion correctly.

TBH, the weather at the moment in the UK is making it nearly impossible to yoyo.

1 Like

I hear ya. It’s been pretty miserable where I live (the local MTB trail—not a common thing to have, and it’s a good one) has been mostly dead for weeks. We had a brief respite on Sunday, was nice to see other people at the trail again.

Take care man.

1 Like