MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2022 - Week # 31 - @EOS44 ’s 1.75 Hook

Really enjoyed this one, quite therapeutic on a sunny day!

3 Likes

Week #14: Kurti’s Boy Scout Slack

11 Likes

I might just have to take part in this week :hushed::hushed:

4 Likes

Owwww boy, I haveA LOT to catch up! :flushed:

2 Likes

Well safe to say I have zero idea what is going on with this trick… spent half hour watching and can’t even work out the first set of moves after the initial mount! Maybe I’ll revisit when I’m not half asleep.

2 Likes

Ok guys is Friday. Let’s learn a trick. New Tutorial for us but he’s a regular on the forum. I’ve checked out a couple of his tutorials so please give him a subscribe and like. Chop Hop by @PendingThrows24 .

8 Likes

Not specific to any trick here, but some people don’t know how to make a good yoyo tutorial! It’s like they think you’re a mind reader and can understand everything going on with a poor camera/poor angle for filming.

5 Likes

Haha yeah I made a video about this

8 Likes

Getting the first toss a bit… but hoping it back is going to take a bunch of work…jeez laweez!

5 Likes

I’m finding I ain’t catching the first hop straight, which is making the hop back even harder!

4 Likes

The hop back is what gets me too! Maybe I should try doing it without the NTH index in the chop

4 Likes

I have more luck if I hop to the TH side first. I can usually land 3 hops that way, if the first one counts. I actually have an easier time hopping TH to NTH than I do a basic NTH chop entry… I really suck at chops.

4 Likes

Week #16 - Star Picture Trick

Coming up this week , a flashy star.

:star2: :star2: :star2:

I really enjoy picture tricks, as they are easier for the layman to enjoy. Having a visible destination is always appealing (IMHO), and we could all use another picture for the (trick)book.

11 Likes

Anyone actually get the chop hop down :joy:

5 Likes

I was not ready for that!!! I read picture trick a thought, ah, this is going to be easy, :joy:

4 Likes

Simple answer no… but I’ll keep at it hopefully I’ll start landing them eventually. Much more complex then i thought.

4 Likes

I still cant get rodeo traingle smooth. I cant throw the GT from the initial drop from catching the whip :sweat:

5 Likes

Video, I can try give some tips?

3 Likes

I can catch the whip, i can throw the suicide gt. But i cant do it all togther in one motion. I will try to get a video

I got ya. Similar problem I had where I had to rock it back and forth a bit before throwing as opposed to in one motion. A lot of it comes down to the timing of when you catch the slack, as if you time it wrong your motion will already be going forward making the throw harder. Try catching the slack with the yoyo stationary as such, and as you catch start the swing motion to throw the slack.

This is one aspect where I just had to throw the slack early and get it wrong a ton before it become natural. Having a larger GT will help too as it gives you a better margin of error for the catch.

2 Likes