MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

TaW #23 : Tsukasa Takatsu Repeaters

The library of repeaters that Takatsu has released is pretty amazing. I have really enjoyed #60 that I’m posting below. But I encourage you to take a look at his playlist of tutorials that has over 90 tricks. I really like these because it teaches elements that can be added to any combo.

Playlist:

Here is my fav #60 as the first to learn to get ya started:

9 Likes

Love it! I’ve been looking through his library alot… #1 is the only one i got so far but it’s cool.
Thank you for this pick!

6 Likes

Awesome, glad you like it!

4 Likes

Dude I’ve been going through his tricks in order… literally trick#1 es easy! #2 got exponentially harder…i haven’t passed #10… but trick #60 is very doable! Thank you!
I might have to take a night and watch all 90 tuts he made. Seriously great pick!

6 Likes

#1 I’ve got down. #60 I’m getting very close. How’d everyone doing?

3 Likes

I actually have #1 and #60 but it’s not smooth at all… especially #60… but i can get 3 reps of each… my hope is to film them in a back to back combo.

I just submitted my online submission, could have been better but i ran out of time. If i where half my age with half my responsibilities id probably double my throwing time and then i could post everything much easier. Last year allowed for significantly more practice hours… having said that, im glad we are here now.

3 Likes

I havent scrolled through the full playlist yet, but I having fun dialing in #60! I can do it, just trying to get it nice and flowy! I keep missing the string on that first undercut move

3 Likes

I’ve been tinkering with number 60 all week! Two in a row is my best. It’s a fun element though.

3 Likes

I was able to work #60 into a combo with one super clean rep… but 3 in a row is just really sloppy. I really thought since this was level 2 on his 90 tut thread that I’d have it by now.
This reminds me of the matio chopstick repeater we did earlier.

2 Likes

#60 is so fun but even though I have been doing it for awhile I still miss the undercut sometimes when you reach your throw hand over the top. But I like it cause I am always tossing it in a combo and it flows so well.

5 Likes

I agree. This is a combo I’ll be smoothing out for a while.

3 Likes

Week #24

Shooting star combo

Back with another techy picture combo. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Love it! This is awesome!

Edit… Holy cow! I got the star! Now just need to get the tower drop… i never thought I’d like pic tricks but i DO and this is 2 for 1!

3 Likes

Nice pick!

2 Likes

This was a excellent tutorial! Of a much more doable trick then i thought initially…
Not the monkey i was hoping to film with, but i had little time on the platform and i wanted to see what it looked like… just in case it’s clean.
ABF- Always Be Filming!

5 Likes

Killing it with the picks lately dude :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

For my guest week, I decided to film one of my favorite auto-pilot combos. I call it Peanut Butter Pootie Tang.

Dig in!

8 Likes

Wow! That’s really awesome! I think my brain is going to melt.

4 Likes

pause, rewind, pause, rewind. Rewind rewind rewind, play, pause, take care of knot
pause, rewind, pause, rewind. Rewind rewind rewind, play, pause, take care of knot
this one is going to take me a little while.

5 Likes

Awesome tut. Looking forward to learning this one. And that cube trick :+1:

4 Likes