MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Ok… so I’ll give my 2 cents. It’s awkward as eff. But i noticed inthe tut that matio has LONG fingers. He looks like he gets his nth middle finger to under cut the yoyo while his NTH thumb nail bed is still facing up (keeping the chopstick mount on place)… check his slow motion. Once i tried to really extend my middle finger and hold the mount with mythumb i for ita few times… then i just repeated it till i found the more comfortable groove.

2 Likes

Ah thanks man I’ll look at his finger placements more carefully

1 Like

Hmm, I’m having trouble seeing exactly what happened, but when you break it down the trick is essentially undercutting the loop of a trap bro mount with your TH index and NTH middle. It also helps to keep your palm facing upward for the middle finger undercut

Im actually having a hard time putting words to it now lol, I’ll take a video once I get settled in here at work

1 Like

Thanks Zac!

1 Like

NTH palm facing upward… i think that’s the key @ANGVS thanks

1 Like

Using super slo-mo vision, I found exactly what went wrong! Your NTH index isnt used at all during the repeater but during the second undercut you had the index on one string and middle on the other.

Hopefully this helps! The one I missed I think kinda helps to show things

4 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for the video I’ll get practicing

1 Like

Week #14 - Beefhook

This one can be frustrating…

There’s plenty of tutorials for Beefhook, so I’m just linking the one I found the most helpful. Feel free to post others.

If you’ve already mastered Beefhook, build a combo with it or give these tension hook variations a try:

If hooks are the bane of your yo-yo existence, then we have a remedial class available too :wink: :

6 Likes

Oh my god yes!! Great pick!! Beefhook!!
Get ready to experiment a new level of frustration and satisfaction! I believe this is the hardest trick ever appeared on taw. I will dive into it this week

4 Likes

I’m on week 11…
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNLB1pGnE6d/?igshid=1irqr00inj1x2
The rejection part is nice, but most of the times that is what happens… It doesnt reject. :confused:

Week 12
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNLDJjlnjKr/?igshid=1e0f8oogjip9

Can’t do it yet… But will keep trying, I noticed that those moves that need body elasticity is very challenging for me. Hahahah 🤸

6 Likes

I think second hardest. I think Nagao Hops is harder.

I had given up on Beefhook till recently. It took a solid week to get it to start clicking, then I just worked on it a few minutes every day over time and I was finally landing close to 9 out of 10.

7 Likes

Well, Just to tell that I’m trying…

Not at all consistently, but on the way

TaW #13:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNLPzsGFQhh/?igshid=12w8e6kwp3i3g

TaW #14:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNLP49ZHG3m/?igshid=1b8fldr98a9ba

The felling is simple: so much to learn.

6 Likes

Man 9 out of 10 is close to perfection. I don’t think there’s any trick that I can land with that consistency actually. With beefhook I’m around 1 out of 3 maybe…

2 Likes

This trick makes me dizzy…
Back and forth, its way to easy to go for that second try, 3rd try, 4th, 5th… until you’re 70 in with 70 missed.

I’ve decided I’m not very good at hooks. :slight_smile: I’ll get one.

2 Likes

I probably practiced it more than any trick ever. It’s so easy to do so many reps, you can easily make 1,000 attempts in a day.

With my torn rotator cuff I’ve only been throwing 10 to 20 minutes per week, and my Beefhook is already down to about 1 in 5 :frowning:

4 Likes

Holy crap! I just landed a few H hooks! I might actually compete this challange this time!

4 Likes

Dude, nice hitting that Beefhook already :+1:

2 Likes

Not much, actually… I can land 1 in 10 average… But it’s nice practising it.

4 Likes

That’s actually a really good start. Much better than average from what I’ve seen, especially for being in the over 30 crowd.

1 Like

I started teaching my 5 year old how to play chess today.

7 Likes