MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Dude this was amazing! lol glad you knew what I was trying to say and thanks for the awesome pictures to really clearly explain things!

5 Likes

Practice makes you betterā€¦ im much better at aiming magic drop to the correct string after 2 days (im lying since i knew i was going to pick it Iā€™ve been working on it for almost a week).
I also mentioned magic drop in Wrist mountā€¦i canā€™t land that on the correct string at allā€¦ but i got a clean video of the rejection to show u guys what Iā€™m talking about. Once on the right string just drop the loop off the TH and your back in Wrist Mount.

Lets See some MAGIC!

5 Likes

Okay, time to try Magic Drop and Shockwave.
I can hit Magic Drop, but hardly 3 in a row.
Sometimes the Magic Drop hits the front string, in which I cant perform the Shockwave, how to improve accuracy for repetition?

Edit: hmmmm after reading the posts and watching those videos, I saw a hand movement that is helping a lot. Uhuuuul!!!

Edit2: Uuuuhhhhhhulll!!! 2 in a row, thatā€™s the best I could manage so far.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJlz6pXBv0H/?igshid=105xwet199kn8

Cheers!!!

4 Likes

Anybody tried doing a basic under the arm rejection?

The motion of the yoyo swinging forward on the plane helps activate the rejection. So- I try to invision this same motion as I go through magic drop. As I move it towards my TH I think about the path it will take, a loop angled to travel up over my TH and land on the back string. I also remind myself to allow the yoyo to float over(as opposed to being tight on the string).

Just putting that out there, as these things greatly helped me with the first part of this repeater.

8 Likes

No flow version :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

https://instagram.com/p/CJmCY_onK8i/

7 Likes

Finally!! I made 3 in a row, missed the 4th, but cā€™mom, huge improvement!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJmIds5Bwr6/?igshid=10d8u8sqmy7ww

Iā€™m so happy and exhausted!!

5 Likes

Nice job :+1:

2 Likes

Tried to find a better use for a shockwave in a tiny combo.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJmJwA6nF1M/?igshid=chi5d8ikvqlw

4 Likes

Well done @Kray & @Ne0phy73 .

This is what we are aiming for! Improving our game! Shockwave in a combo! @Kray you get 2 smile face stickers :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

3 Likes

I never used shockwave as element since the rejection to the back string is a kind of annoying and way more complicated then many other rejection tricks. But now that I tasted the flavour I will see what it can be used for. Looking forward to other ideas. I think wrist mounts should also give good transitions into a shockwave.

3 Likes

Second time in so many days that I heard ā€œbucket mountā€ā€¦ dont know that one.

3 Likes

I would explain it if you open a wrist mount with two fingers of your none throw hand. Then your Yo-Yo is hanging in a bucket like setup. But I meant wrist mount in my textā€¦ will change it

5 Likes

I just started to explore bucket mounts because of a repeater i saw on oGā€¦ very cool. Canā€™t wait to see your video!

3 Likes

You should learn bucket mountā€¦ might be one of the elements in one of my next picks :wink:

3 Likes

Good to know :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

heck yeah, nice work guys!!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Everyones progress is looking great :+1:

5 Likes

I mentioned doing magic drop in Wrist mount which is very cool. I was able to get a few clips of it on my commute today. I realized the trick to landing it is to physically move the top string out of the way with your NTH.

Anyone know any other mounts we can explore with magic drop?

5 Likes

I just realized a trick I learned (half of :sweat_smile:) a while ago does 2 magic drops from a double or nothing. First lands on the front string and second lands on the back

Also Iā€™ve tried the wrist mount and nailed it once without realizing what I did then ended up in a double wrapped GT a few times

3 Likes

Links! You must find those links! Please and thank you!

2 Likes