@twitch77 Happy birthday brother.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @twitch77!

3 Likes

Happy birthday @twitch77!

3 Likes

@twitch77, happy birthday, brother.

3 Likes

:musical_score: This here’s your birthday song, its not very long, HEY! :musical_note:

Happy Bday @twitch77

3 Likes

Week 19

5a Waveclash and Slack to Double GT

Welcome to 5a May TaW crew!

I’ve got two lined up for us this week. The first is more accessible(main focus), the other is more complex (bonus points😎)
Up first:

And FTW:

The shared concepts I was searching for when I found this were - tech, axle wrap, & GT’s. I’ve got these down so if you have questions or need tips, “get at me dog”!

4 Likes

And if you haven’t done it yet be sure to get it in there:

Happy Birthday @twitch77 !!!

4 Likes

How’s everyone’s progress?

-this may be the most radio silence I’ve witnessed on this thread. :astonished:

4 Likes

So my 5A is progressing… im still working on windmill, 360, 720…all the basics. I was hoping to get that smooth enough for a video… but catching that CW is no easy task. I’m using a Duncan yellow rubber ball cause I’m tired of smacking my hands with plastic.

3 Likes

I guess not everyone is on the same level for 5a.
If you are like me and still working on the basics from last year you can find links to last years 5a May here. It has all the essential basics to learn.

5 Likes

Yeah… I’m completely new at 5A.

4 Likes

Get a CW and start trying. Everything you try will improve your 1A game in the end anyway.

4 Likes

No excuses

5 Likes

So i just watched josh yee video on CWs and i was was surprised he doesn’t use the CWs with the bearings, watch the video his reasons are interesting. Really thought the bearings where something advanced players would rave about.

3 Likes

TaW #17 : Karishma Trick

Good morning, we’re in the middle of 5a may. But in case you want to jump back to 1a for a week or are not a 5a player, here is a trick tut for ya. There are so many tutorials out there and in my search to find one, this caught my eye because I love to learn new slack tricks and I like the ending part. Enjoy!!!

7 Likes

Getting that last bit around is tricky! Love me some slack tricks

5 Likes

Great choice

5 Likes

@MoonageMin Thanks!

@ANGVS Ya, I agree :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Slack is an area that I definitely want to learn more. Slack just looks good and feels good to hit.

6 Likes

Hows everyone coming along?

I still cant get the slack to come around lol

5 Likes

Same here bro. Got it to work one time, but missed the catch. Got the slack around two more times today and finally caught it, but I didn’t get the TH string around the yo-yo so it was messed up.

I don’t even know how I got the slack to work the 3 times out of… many… oh so many :rofl:

I’ve tried different speeds, pulling more or less.

I did finally get tension hooks down this week though, so that was cool.

5 Likes