MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Week #41 - 4a Off-tober (4a basics)]

Not gonna lie, it makes me feel a bit better knowing I’m not the only one!

5 Likes

Solidarity brotha✊

4 Likes

I love that the track on this is by 311

3 Likes

I try to reaaally get my NTH elbow tucked in. Using kendama knees seems to help a lot too. If the string hits your forearm on the way down it wonks up the loop

4 Likes

I’m laughing so hard at “Cant even hit a trapeze”. !! I recorded myself for the very first time for the Classic Trick Remix… It only took about 800 tries. Talk about stage fright! It just felt so weird.

4 Likes

Week #13 - Chopstick Repeater

This is a trick that I think looks and feels very satisfying! A tad tricky to get the initial feel of and I’m happy to share pointers as needed :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

It’s awkward but i think my nth ring finger just needs practice

3 Likes

@ANGVS you kicked a@# in the senior section bro! So smooth!

@Mystik wicked cool! Great flow! That was fantastic.

@ChrysaeThrows I’m speechless.

Well done everyone!

5 Likes

I still have to watch all your performances guys, it was way too late yesterday (over 30 started at 2.00 am here, they should change the streaming time to accomodate euro people sometimes).
Can’t wait to see all the good stuff you guys did.

@AKYOYOMIKE thank you sir :pray:

5 Likes

Thanks @AKYOYOMIKE !

Trick a Week gang is fire!
:fire: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

Thanks so much @AKYOYOMIKE !

@ChrysaeThrows Always love watching you throw, man. So smooth and effortless looking

@Mystik So sick! I need that first trick you did in my arsenal :metal:

4 Likes

Thanks @ANGVS .

PM’d!

2 Likes

I need to smooth this out more, but this is a very satisfying motion…if i could keep it going i would do 10 rep repeater with this.

5 Likes

Nailed it man! Im glad you find it as fun as I do :grin:

Also, couldn’t be wearing a more perfect shirt

3 Likes

Okay so I can’t figure out this part.

After the chopstick, you undercut with your TH,
then you let of of the NTH middle finger,
And then what,

I can’t seem to replicate how the second undercut on the NTH side works :joy:

send help

1 Like

Video for reference.

3 Likes

Ok… so I’ll give my 2 cents. It’s awkward as eff. But i noticed inthe tut that matio has LONG fingers. He looks like he gets his nth middle finger to under cut the yoyo while his NTH thumb nail bed is still facing up (keeping the chopstick mount on place)… check his slow motion. Once i tried to really extend my middle finger and hold the mount with mythumb i for ita few times… then i just repeated it till i found the more comfortable groove.

2 Likes

Ah thanks man I’ll look at his finger placements more carefully

1 Like

Hmm, I’m having trouble seeing exactly what happened, but when you break it down the trick is essentially undercutting the loop of a trap bro mount with your TH index and NTH middle. It also helps to keep your palm facing upward for the middle finger undercut

Im actually having a hard time putting words to it now lol, I’ll take a video once I get settled in here at work

1 Like

Thanks Zac!

1 Like