MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

I’ve been working on this one for a good bit! I can get a couple of times through but it gets messy. You need real control here. The yotricks gent doing tutorial makes it look so incredibly easy. It’s not!!

Have fun everyone.

5 Likes

Already know how to do it but still a nice trick

4 Likes

I had the day off yesterday so i had a few great practice sessions. Hopefully more Fridays like this to come. I decided to try my luck with the camera on my commute this morning and well i need to clean these 3 up for a actual combo but i think i have the idea. Yuki Slack, Gyrolution and ZG tension whip… i noticed if i miss the tension whip i land in a heart mount (exit the back) which is still kind of cool.

6 Likes

Nice job with the Yuuki Slack, and a good pick. I finally got it down myself—finally had a minute to throw last night. I sorta had it last year but it didn’t really stick, so I was happy to give it another go.

3 Likes

I liked Dylan’s tip of catching finger up/down

2 Likes

:smiley:

6 Likes

Nice man. I never know what to do to get out of Yuuki Slack—that was a nice. I’m gonna try that when I get a chance.

1 Like

That ending was completely unplanned and accidental :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s even better :+1:

1 Like

This vídeo is paradoxically refreshing

Kataklysm t-shirt, pink surf-shorts with an elegant hipster look. Above all: throwing some Yuuki slack.

4 Likes

Week #38 - Lucas Decker Tower to Red Triangle

Happy Friday! Not much to say about this one other than it’s fun. Experiment with your own red triangle exits for an added challenge (check this video from @nightshadow for some inspiration even though they’re stupid hard lol)

3 Likes

Ayy, thanks for the shoutout!
I love red triangles, they’re super underrated in my opnion.

I encourage everyone to check them out, and learn whatever variations they think look cool (and hopefully come up with their own!)

But yeah, that video is some of my more difficult tricks, especially variation #12. That one’s HARD.

3 Likes

No problem! I really want to play around with #5 a bit

1 Like

This trick is so cool! Very doable! And a few very new and really cool elements for me. Thank you!

2 Likes

It is awesome that this thread is still going.
I’ve been away for a bit from the forums, getting back into it now and I’m going to start going through these.
You guys rock

kgb

4 Likes

Tossing that slack around is very tricky! Fortunately if you eff it up it just drops cleanly and you can keep going.
Any pointers other then lift the mount some with the throw hand?

1 Like

I have better luck when I kind of lift the mount a little before throwing the slack so that its more of a downward toss instead of a lateral one if that makes sense

2 Likes

New trick tomorrow!

Post some progress if you’ve got this weeks down

1 Like

I can get to the tower and do the slack drop but that wrap around toss i just can’t get by any means keeps just dropping to the ground… I’ll film what i got tonight and post it.

Edit… so here’s my post for this week. I really enjoyed this trick. Learned a slew of knew elements, i think yuki slack was a great warm up to this trick so I’m glad we worked on that. But i think i tossed that last element over 75 times this week and I’m no where near understanding the mechanics of throwing the string around the string!
Here are 7 drops in 90 sec. And some really nice art by our friend @ChrisFrancz

3 Likes

Welcome to week #39? maybe #40… id hate to repeat the same number over and over…
That’s my joke. I thought we would work on some flow repeaters… we all know Takatsu Tsukasa from ig and you tube… if you don’t you should check him out! #thingsthatrepeat.

I picked 2 tuts of his, they look relativity doable, that being said everything he does look smooth and doable, don’t be deceived his skills are por of this world!

Let’s see if this week we can learn 2 repeaters to practice some flow techniques.

And

4 Likes