MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

So i just watched josh yee video on CWs and i was was surprised he doesn’t use the CWs with the bearings, watch the video his reasons are interesting. Really thought the bearings where something advanced players would rave about.

3 Likes

TaW #17 : Karishma Trick

Good morning, we’re in the middle of 5a may. But in case you want to jump back to 1a for a week or are not a 5a player, here is a trick tut for ya. There are so many tutorials out there and in my search to find one, this caught my eye because I love to learn new slack tricks and I like the ending part. Enjoy!!!

7 Likes

Getting that last bit around is tricky! Love me some slack tricks

5 Likes

Great choice

5 Likes

@MoonageMin Thanks!

@ANGVS Ya, I agree :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Slack is an area that I definitely want to learn more. Slack just looks good and feels good to hit.

6 Likes

Hows everyone coming along?

I still cant get the slack to come around lol

5 Likes

Same here bro. Got it to work one time, but missed the catch. Got the slack around two more times today and finally caught it, but I didn’t get the TH string around the yo-yo so it was messed up.

I don’t even know how I got the slack to work the 3 times out of… many… oh so many :rofl:

I’ve tried different speeds, pulling more or less.

I did finally get tension hooks down this week though, so that was cool.

5 Likes

Yeah once or twice Ive been able to get things to kind of sloppily flop around and force my thumb in as its all dangling lol. Its like instead of coming around it just pulls out the slack from the yoyo

I’ve also been able to get that tension hook into a cool bucket mount thing a few times but have no idea how :sweat_smile: Last couple days I’ve been dealing with stupid hands that seem to have forgotten how to control a string

4 Likes

Yeah that seems to be a frequent problem for me :rofl:

4 Likes

This is a great trick. Initially I found very hard to have the slack coming around. The fact is that he’s not explaining when to release your nth index pinch. I figured out that you need to keep pinching until the very last second. You control the speed of the slack coming around by lightly pulling the th string. It’s quite hard though, I ve landed one or two times out of a couple of hundreds.

5 Likes

ALWAYS DO A SAFETY THROW

other than that, I kinda understood the mechanics of this trick. Really cool, one of the best choices so far

9 Likes

Don’t end up like me hahaha

5 Likes

Man you were my first thought :joy:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

@ChrysaeThrows Looking good! I need go learn you pacman tut!

5 Likes

@ChrysaeThrows You the man! Seeing that gives me some motivation to keep grinding it out

@Theycallmecotton Seeing that video of your gave me flashbacks of when I got a black eye from a bimetal :joy:

5 Likes

Lol gotta be careful out here

3 Likes

A good PSA to remind people that yoyo can be a contact sport

5 Likes

I cant believe I didn’t take a picture of my blow to the head! I can assure you that YYF Butter is not soft. :slight_smile:

I seem to be in the same boat as everyone… cant get the slack around consistently. I did it once!

5 Likes

I’m with you guys- can sloppily get My thumb in there but still not smooth.

Dope trick though. Nice pick @CPC .

5 Likes