MoonageMin & Twitch's Trick-a-Week Challenge! (2020)

Hey guys we all ready for week #8?

Sorry I have been away from here and spending my time working on and failing at the Absurdity challenge instead of being here and running my weekly trick-a-week challenge.

I am cheating a little this week, but @twitch77 & I have something super fun lined up for everyone.

This week’s trick is “Victor Sacchelli’s Picture Slideshow”.

So this is actually the last bit of the Absurdity Challenge #1 and in my humble opinion it’s the coolest part of the whole trick whilst also being the easiest bit.

It’s the kind of trick that looks really impressive to yoyo’ers and also to non-yoyo’ers alike to look at.

So how am I cheating?
Haha, I already learnt this trick while training for the Absurdity Challenge, but it was such a cool trick that I wanted to share with everyone here.
This also means that I have 1 less trick to catch up on when I am back.
And also, it gives me a chance to make my first ever tutorial video and actually use my own tutorial for my own trick-a-week challenge. :slight_smile:

Given that the challenge is suppose to be tricks that @twitch77 & I have not learnt yet, and it’s purpose is to share how our practice session looks like to others at similar skill levels to view and follow if it suits their needs, I think this will be a rare opportunity to do so using a tutorial that I made myself.

So I reached out to @chaosgow and got his blessing to use this trick for the challenge this week and to make a tutorial so that it is easy for everyone to follow. (I couldn’t find one already made online).

A little caveat, I say it’s easy, because all the elements in here are actually simple and nothing complicated, I expect most of you to get this in like a day if you commit the time into it.
However, embarrassingly it actually took me almost 10 hours to learn this trick. (3 hours one evening, 6.5 hours straight the next day).

Don’t be alarmed though, bulk of my time, went into trying to analyse every little nuances that is happening in this trick from just one angle/point of view at super fast speed so it took a long time and a lot (LIKE A LOT!!!) of trial and error to figure out what is going on, and even when I land an element trying to validate if I have actually done that correctly.

This was the video I used to learn this :

So to spare everyone from the same pain and suffering that I went through, I broke this all down with explanations and from multiple angles, and even a zoomed in super slowmo at the end of the video so that you don’t have to spend all your time figuring this out, so this might be a super quick trick-a-week this week.

Here is the video and let me know if you have any questions :

8 Likes