MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Thats insanity man. I feel for her wanting to do that at a young age and cant even imagine the odds of you being in the right place at the right time like that. Imagine if you were just a random passerby thinking “not my problem”.

Also, did you get a new job at a slaughterhouse? Because youre getting cozy with those beefhooks!

I can absolutely relate lol. Anytime I make a gopro POV clip its because I was jonesing to record but didnt feel like setting everything up and breaking it right back down

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::cut_of_meat:

2 Likes

Okay so this isn’t anything to do with the Beef Hook, but I found a silly extra thing to add on to the Jade whip we learnt last year on TaW 2020.

Maybe everyone already does this and I’m the only one to just figure it out :joy::joy::joy:
But if you didn’t know check it out.

4 Likes

That’s cool. I like that one. You can’t ever have too many transitions from one trick to another.

I’ve been messing with Jade whips lately too—of course the last few weeks I’ve just been doing the same combo in my weekly 2 minute sesh since I don’t have time to experiment.

Other transitions I like:

A few sideways boings (or even just one) and then do a ripcord into an under mount and then roll from the under mount back into the trap, or just bind from the under mount—it flows well into the guy weight bind.

Or roll the whole thing to the right after putting your NTH index into the loop and do a kwyjibo hop into a DoN and roll to trap.

2 Likes

I dig it! Ive been trying some jade whip rewind tricks (I think thats what theyre called) and love how flashy they look

I also found another way to do the pineapple catch. Set up like a beefhook with your thumb and a trapeze, do one counter clockwise roll to get a loop around the thumb and reject to catch as normal. The quicker setup seems to flow better within combos

3 Likes

A bit sloppy… (also forgot to comb my hair this week :man_shrugging:)

11 Likes

That combo was epic.

1 Like

Thanks man. It’s a fun one.

1 Like

Look at you throwing out beef hooks like nothing

1 Like

Wth? Is that the “hey, I’m injured, I Just play 3 min per month” looks like?

I probably should stop practising… LOL

4 Likes

Lol I feel you man.
Since that back to back beef hook last night. I haven’t landed a single one today.

3 Likes

Yeah sorta, closer to 10 to 20 minutes per week, but it’s not that impressive.

I had already learned that stuff, so it’s not as hard to maintain it. If I had learned Beefhook a week later that would have been iffy.

4 Likes

Thats was absolute fire! Did anyone see a shoulder injury? Flow! That was great bro!

3 Likes

Oh man, that was my first day learning beefhook, before I gave up on it. I must have done 1,000 attempts the first day, went to bed when I landed 3 in a row (not on one throw back to back), then the next day I didn’t land a single one in… it must have been 1,500 tries. Not even exaggerating. That was demoralizing. I had thought I kinda had it. Over a year later I finally do :sauropod:

3 Likes

Okay, your combo is nice but you (hair) comb is DOPE.

2 Likes

Thanks bro.

Prior to that I missed a few trapezes because I couldn’t extend my arm all the way :rofl:

2 Likes

After doing my video I spent a few minutes trying jade whip rewinds and that pineapple catch variation. That’s really cool. Little harder to catch if the tension isn’t perfectly neutral—unless I’m not quite doing it right—but doable. I recommend people try it.

4 Likes

Just a guess, but I think that not doing the hand wrapping part gives some extra string which can go a bit wild sometimes on the rejection.

If you want another fun one to try, I found a double or nothing entrance using a drop suicide yesterday. Normal trapeze, pop it straight up, do a kamikaze style whip and catch the drop suicide “through” that slack to land in a DoN.

I found it after failing to whip or lacerate straight into a double or nothing from a throw lol.

3 Likes

That sounds sick. I’ll remember that one.

1 Like

Not beef hook. And don’t worry about the totally killer combo that came before…5000 hooks later … not a fun repeater but…

7 Likes