MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

:rofl:

My shoulder sucks big time. Nothing simple to fix.

2 Likes

:pensive: sorry to read that…

Curious fact: I learn that in case of Fibromyalgia one could do hypnosis treatment. I don’t know if there are any correlation between this kind of muscle pain and what you have but… sleep!

Jokes aside, I wish you best and get better soon.

3 Likes

:heart:

3 Likes

First finger grind combo. Consider this a partial make up for last year :blush:.
Arm tricks are coming along…

https://youtube.com/shorts/_thEa1IYM5U?feature=share

3 Likes

Bump 2021 taw to the top… just incase we get confused with the 2020 thread :wink:

4 Likes

Week #16 - Calypso / Kwyjibo Variations

Kwyjibo with grinds. You can mix it up with talon grinds instead of finger grinds.

Let’s also do any Kwyjibo variation people want to try as well. Throw up some other videos/tutorials if you want.

3 Likes

I can get the first grind and land… but the second grind is very challenging. I can imagine once i land it the landing into DON is another issue.
How’s everyone doing?

Here is Dylan Ks Kwyjibo grind combo

2 Likes

Im still playing with and tweaking the beefhook combo from a couple weeks ago lol. Got pulse rifle pretty smooth but need to do some filming!

Calypso looks fun but I haven’t even started on it yet. Looks like it would be fun to try with that kamakajibo you shared the other day

3 Likes

Love that name! It’s my pleasure.
Start in Kamikaze mount and do Kwyjibo exactly as is. You end in DON. I’ll try to film a tut asap.

2 Likes

I really like this trick. Kwijibo was a go to for me so I really like the change.

It really helped to practice the second grind from a trapeze. Grind it and land back in the trapeze. fun little repeater in itself.

2 Likes

So i watched the tut on calyspo a few times on show mo. And that second hop he kind of toss the yoyo to his left and then chops the string under to catch. So easy to visualize…

3 Likes

Check it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN76NTmBeQH/?igshid=1dhzcunm5j8ho

2 Likes

Thought I’ll try a new format today.
Video of me trying Calypso for the first time.

7 Likes

So i watched the first 10 min of your vid … reminds me of what’s going on in my head; but i like your accent more. I’ll watch the rest tonight hopefully.

I landed this MoFo twice. Ugly and no camera so technically it didn’t happen. Very cool. Well try to get it on video once i can land it a bit more consistent.

Edit… lol 11 min in you realize the video is a bit on the long side! You are funny! But you did in 10 min what took me 4 days to figure out… pretty crazy dude.

3 Likes

I have landed it once so far :grin:

4 Likes

Guys this trick is super fun! @MoonageMin video helped me a lot actually to figure out what I was doing wrong with the second grind. Good stuff, still need to smooth it out

8 Likes

Dude that was fantastic! And you have a great smile!

3 Likes

Man that was good!
Second hope down smooth too!

1 Like

Week #17 - EOS44’s Slack Drop Rejection GT

Hi friends. Hopping in for TaW with a tutorial of mine. This time it’s for a short rejection trick I discovered quite a while ago.

Some tips other players who have tried to learn this trick have informed me are that this rejection is exactly the same one you can find on this MrMatio tutorial, so you can have an actual slomo topdown breakdown of just the rejection, which seems to be what players have the most trouble with.

Hope you find this trick fun!

10 Likes

Nice one Eos! Thank you for sharing!

6 Likes