MoonageMin's Trick-a-Week 2021 [Finished, check out TaW 2022]

Hey, errbody!

I was asked to come on as a guest contributor for this week since it’s FIXED AXLE FEBRUARY!!!

It was pretty hard choosing something to share, but since last week was Zipper Stalls, I figure these are some good fundamentals to go next. That’s right, THESE. Since I only get to do one of these, and I had trouble choosing, you’re getting double the trix this week (actually triple, but more on that in a second).

First one to try are Double + Regenerations.

This is a cousin of the classic “Makin Da Zines”, but here you are keeping your free hand on the string throughout as you perform a non-flip “Planet Hop” style regen and land back in Trapeze Stall. Since the regenerations cancel out, you’re back in your original Breakaway spin direction. I love sticking these on the end of tricks or just doing them forever while pumping gas! See if you can get 3 in a row.

Next I figured let’s do Kickflip Broflip.

Gotta have a flip trick. Standard Kickflip is the place to start with those, but let’s up the ante and do one on each side of the body. Throw Trapeze Stall, Kickflip, then regenerate to a Man-and His-Brother Stall, and flip that too. It’s a little weirder flipping out of Bro because you have to keep some slack in the string or the loop will vanish. I did a little Windshield Wiper regen out, but you can end it however you want!

And for you all-star extra-credit fixie-studs for whom these all too easy, cool! Mash em together and hit some Double + Flips!

Much love and gratitude for throwing some fixed axle, and glad I could jump in. :slight_smile:

13 Likes