Mile High Yoyo Jamboree 6/17/23

If you are in the Denver area or will be on June 17 please join us for the Mile High Yoyo Jamboree! This “non-competition” will feature free lessons to the public, a yo-yo “Collectors Market” and an “open mic” style of skill sharing where anyone is welcome to share a 1-3 minute freestyle in any style.

We have some great prizes from Rain City Skills, G2, Jake Bullock, No City 3D and more! These prize packs will be awarded at random to the performers, emphasizing that the courage to participate will be rewarded over “who is better”. We hope this also encourages routines that are more free to focus on art than clicks. Really we just want to celebrate and share all things YO!

Join us Saturday June 17 in downtown Littleton at PlayForge Games from noon to 3pm for all the fun! We will be in their new “Littleton Learning Lab” space!

Hit me up with any questions or if you are interested in getting on the performance list - we hope to see you there!

#milehighyoyojam

11 Likes

So cool. Thanks for being such a huge part of our community and promoting the hobby in the Denver area! I might be out of town but man I’d love to go if I can make it

2 Likes

Wont be in Denver June 17, but I’ll be playing my Gnome that day to be with yall in spirit.

3 Likes

Awesome idea! I really like the idea of an open mic demonstration versus a full on competition,at least every now and again. Hope it’s a blast!

3 Likes

Some really great prize support from G2, Jake Bullock, Rain City Skills, Yoyo Fox, Dressel Designs and No City 3D! Message me if you want to perform!

5 Likes

New club video from yesterday it’s like hanging out with us!

9 Likes

Love that chopsticks combo around 1 minute.

3 Likes

Members of Mile High Yoyo will be on Denver’s 9News tomorrow morning at 730am to promote the event and talk about our upcoming trip to Nats!

10 Likes

That’s too cool. It’s awesome to see you all just hanging and throwing. I’m nowhere near you guys but I hope you have a grand turnout and of course you’ll all have a blast.

3 Likes

Big event tomorrow!!!

4 Likes

5 Likes

I wish I would have gotten there sooner.

I was hearing oohs and aahs as I walking up and it was the last of the performers. I hope to see a video.

I did pick up a Gnome (ice), I enjoy it very much

2 Likes

There’s just a few pics from an amazing day! We will definitely be doing this again! And our news appearance was a big success:

11 Likes

Looks like it was a fun event

2 Likes

What you estimate the turnout to be? It looked like an awesome day.

1 Like

There was a count estimated at 70 people and probably at least 40-50 were club members and family so maybe 20-30 new faces. I was hoping for a bigger turnout tbh but as one of my members put it, “It’s better to please a few people than disappoint a lot”. It was a great start to build on - everyone agrees we want this to become an annual thing.

5 Likes

Looks like a great time! Glad to sponsor this!!

3 Likes

OMG I just realized I left Dressel Designs off my list in the opening paragraph!!! We got a Monarch and an Emotion as special prizes and they were treasured by the winners!

Thank you to all our amazing sponsors:

Dressel Designs
Jake Bullock Yoyo
Gsquared Yoyo
Rain City Skills
No City 3D
YoyoFox FoxTails String
and our pal John Higby who donated five original paintings!

Thanks again for helping to make this a really successful event!!!

5 Likes

That’s still not bad. Because you’re going to do it again, and those 20-30 people have friends. So if they had a good time then they are telling others about it as we speak. :grin:

2 Likes

Sounds like next year I need to visit my aunt Sharon in Colorado around the time of the next big Jamboree.

1 Like