Mid-West Regionals

I am thinking of going to Mid-West regionals and I’m wondering if it is worth it to go to that. Anyone every been?

I went last year and it was a blast. I had a seed to finals and I had to make a routine a couple days before, so I did a crappy job (not to mention that there are hundreds of people watching your freestyle at any given time, which is another factor as to why I was so nervous :P), but it was fun!

Plus, there are some really good players that went last year. To name a few…

Alec Campbell
Nehemiah Peterson
Noah Bachofen
Chase Brown
Robbie Graham
Adrian Velez
Adam Brewster
Trever Boice
Erik Kerber

and many more.

Plus I’ll be there so maybe we will see each other if you go!

Just curious, what state are you from?

I’m from North Carolina, and I wouldn’t be performing just watching and buying stuff. I’m only Mid-12, and even though I am mature for my age, I still get stage fright in front of large groups of people. What did you get seeded from?

I got seeded from kansas states :stuck_out_tongue:
And I know how you feel with stage fright, even with small crowds I still get clammy all over.

So if you win a state contest you get seeded to the regional finals

Yes, if you live within a reasonable distance of Minneapolis.

If you are in the area, yes, it’s worth going to, but from where you live it’s probably not worth making the trip just to watch. There are contests closer to you.They traditionally don’t have vendor sales at MWR.

Yes, if you live in and win a state contest in the region.

So the vendor sales would be at a state contest?

Vendor sales activity varies from one contest to another. There may be some at other regionals. There has been none at the Minnesota state contest.

Well Airtraffic kites and games always has a booth there.

MWR is a really fun contest I’ve been there the last 2 years and I really like it. But it looks like it would be a pretty long trip for you so you might not want to come that far but its all up to you.

Thanks for considering me a “Really Good Player” 888victini that made my day to ssee my name on that list especially since I just smacked myself in the face wuth a shtter last night so I wasn’t feeling to happy about yoyoing

2 Likes

That’s only because their store is in the same mall the contest is held in.

Yea but they still count as a retailer

Would a state competition have vendors?

MN States has an airtraffic booth as far as other states I don’t know

1 Like

I always hear about people getting stuff at contests is that just from other people

Most contests in MN traditionally don’t have vendors attend as I noted earlier. Air Traffic is only there because they have a store in the same mall. So yes, they are there but by default in my opinion. They’re not going out of their way to be there. There is some private buying and selling going on.

no problem man! and i know how you feel with the shutter. same happened with me exept it was a space cowboy :-X :-X :-X

ikr :frowning: