MB's Powder Thread! Come & see the power of powder!

Have not had the chance to throw it yet, flowable is setting up. Feels like the canodized finish from ILYY. IMO.

I love the new color.

I canā€™t help but asking, what string is on those yoyos? The string looks so shiny

In the early part of this thread I was using my strings. Now itā€™s anything goes as I rarely make strings anymore.

All awesome!

Some new pics of the twins and the new flat purpleā€¦

That is a sexy throw. Does it feel like the ILYY Canodize or Candyblast?

Very similar. People often get asked if they could only chose or have one of something what would it be. Take a guess what pc Iā€™d chose. Itā€™s just that good.

So it grinds good then?

Like it was born for it.

When you planning on getting more colors?

Very very soon.

Blue, orange, pink, yellow gold and aussieā€™s red are available.

Leaning towards red, pink, blue and maybe orange.

Oooohhhhh, orange, Iā€™m excited to see how that looks!

YYF Superstar in a metallic textured slate silver.
This is a new ā€œtexturedā€ powder coat. This guy is getting shipped off for a full review for an unbiased opinion.

1 Like

Looks amazing (also, the flat purple posted earlier).

What steps (if any) do you take to avoid creating a string-eater with textured finishes?

1 Like

That looks absolutely wicked!

1 Like

Looks pretty slick. Almost looks like a stone.

1 Like

I can tell you right now this one would chew strings up like a lawnmower. However I smoothed out the response area to avoid this. I would post a pic of the smoothed area but itā€™s packed ready to go for review.

Last thing I want is one of my yoyos to go sailing away due to string breakage. I always make sure that all of the yoyosI do are smooth and burr free in the response.

Iā€™d be quite interested in getting one of these perhaps. How is the durability compared to being anodized?

This goes for all yoyos!! Keep them away from things that hurt them, period. Things happen though we all know that. Powder coat is very durable it will scratch or even chip if hit hard enough. Scratches can be buffed out for the most part and with the correct stripper can be removed all together in minutes. A new coat can be added quickly and cost effectively.

I know that Links ran his pcā€™d Maxbet into some beach sand if memory serves. Thatā€™s the equivalent of using sandpaper on it. If he should happen to read this hopefully he can comment on what the damage was like. If any of the others who received pc jobs by me read this please feel free to comment on any type of damage you may have encountered as i would love to hear about it.

All in all I feel the pc holds up very well. We make it a point to keep our yoyos wound free in our house also.