Mayhem vs Retic Boa vs Obsession

I’m thinking of buying a new throw. There are a few I’ve got my eye on. Does anyone have any experience with these guys? Preferably more than one for comparison. I know they’re relatively new but any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Aren’t these rather different in shape? I’d pick the shape that appeals more.

1 Like

I love my boa. It’s the cheapest of all up there you rly can’t go wrong.

2 Likes

I agree with @codinghorror. They are different shapes, but all are relatively organic. I have not used the Boa, however I have played the Mayhem and own an Obsession.

My opinion is the Obsession is my pick of the 3, it is fantastic. Very smooth, soft finish, very comfortable in the hand and maneuverable. I was not planning on it when I went into YYE a couple weeks ago. But when I threw it, I had to have it.

I would like to throw another option into the hat. If you like organic and Mayhem is on your list, I would consider the OD Parlay. I absolutely love my Parlay. Heck I would also consider Top Deck as well. It is a bit different than the Obsession and a little bigger, but plays amazingly. Sorry to mix it up there.

1 Like

I appreciate the input. Yeah I feel like all three are variations on the organic theme. I’ve seen lots of great comments and reviews about the boa, and heard the words ‘instant classic’ thrown around the mayhem, but I hadn’t heard almost anything about the Obsession. The yoyo caught my attention and was wondering if anyone had really played it to compare.

Parlay is lovely

1 Like

I would probably agree with the “instant classic” around the mayhem, it is a classic design. I would put the Topyo Origin in there as an instant classic, by design. It plays great as well.

The Parlay has that great classic design as well. I would say if you truly wanted a classic organic shape, the Parlay and Mayhem are great options. The Obsession is not perfectly “organic”. It also only launched a month ago. It’s mid sized, balanced as far as weight distribution goes, plays quick, smooth, and has plenty of spin power.

I don’t own a Boa, I know it has been around a little bit. I can’t speak to it. But it looks great in design and honestly for the price, you can’t really beat it. It is the least expensive of you choices.

2 Likes

I can’t offer a comparison; however, the Boa is an absolute sleeper hit. Neil at Reticular Return Tops has something great going on and it shows in the Boa. I have one and am about to get another just for the color. Smooth, organic art at a great price.

3 Likes

Thanks all for the input. Parlay is definitely on my list, but I just pulled the trigger on a flat black boa. Looking forward to it.

6 Likes

You’re gonna love it!

1 Like

I think you will definetely be pleased. Through all this conversation, I am finding myself wanting of one myself.

1 Like

Mayhem all the way here, but I’m partial to fully full sized throws.

I dont own any of them but that MayheM has really caught my attention lately.

1 Like

Flat Black Boas :+1:
20190113_171316

10 Likes

Sick Boa!!!

1 Like

Thank you.

Thanks for the input good people, here’s the resultIMG_20190223_164836145

7 Likes

Let us know how you like it!

2 Likes

It’s great. Very fun and comfortable. It’s hard to describe but if feels very familiar, like an old friend. It’s been my edc for a little bit now. Also it regens better than almost any throw I got. Very fun 10/10 would recommend. Nice job, thumbs up

4 Likes