Mach Whip Help?

I am learning Mach Whip right now but I am having a problem. The 3 strings on the “right side” of the yoyo are switched around. I can’t really say much more than that, but it is just… wrong. The problem is I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. I am doing exactly what it said in the video(s). Has anybody else had this problem before? Do you know how to fix it?

Bump. Please, anybody, help?

That trick was called hoodini slack when I learned it. But never mind that…
I played around with it, and I might have found what you’re doing “wrong”. You’re basically throwing different part of the loop into the gap and also on a different side of a yoyo.
Try throwing the loop somewhat between your body and the yoyo (rather than behind the yoyo) and part of the loop that is further away from you and closer to you pointer (rather than the closer part attached to the middle finger). Makes sence? Its kinda hard to put in words… Pov video would help more probably.
Having said that, the mount you were getting originaly is also super usefull, so don’t ditch it yet :slight_smile:

Yeah, the whipping string segment has two parts: the one around your index finger and the one attached to your middle. The first part should catch the yoyo. I’m assuming you’re starting from a trapeze, right?

Along with the trapeze, try starting the whip with the string around your throwhand index already, like the beginning of Magic Drop. Hope this helps!