Luftverk presents - The Acadia and Acadia Bi-Metal!

From @jeffreypang911: The Acadia is a performance oriented evolution of the original Evora released back in 2015. The original Evora proved to be an extremely popular yoyo but lacked the performance of a more serious competition style yoyo. When developing the Acadia, the performance was improved via weight distribution but with the constraints that it maintained the same design of the Evora.

The design process was mostly trimming as much material off the hub as possible. It meant a smaller hub area, much thinner wall thicknesses and smaller features. It uses a shorter axle, which meant the nipple could be shorter as well. The diameter was increased from 54mm to 56.5mm. This was mostly inspired by one of the best playing titanium yoyos I have ever owned, the Onedrop Citizen (which I still regret selling lol).

This larger diameter meant so much more stability. It feels super comfortable doing speed combos and also helps with the feel in the hand. The final thing was adding all that weight back to the very edge, with the help of stainless steel rings.

Each yoyo will have a signed and numbered certificate.

Releasing Saturday 8/14 @ 8PM EDT.

7 Likes

Will the raw ones also be dropping? :relaxed:

Have ya’ll tried these at the shop? If yes, what do you think of the monometal?

We just have bronze and blue at the moment. Not sure about Raw. @jeffreypang911

1 Like

I love it, but I was already a big fan of the Evora. It feels like what I wanted the Evora to be if that makes sense.

6 Likes